Ok, so I'm finally getting around to condensing my build thread. Links to both threads will be in my signature. In an attempt to keep this new thread short, and easily navigated to see the progress without killing a week of your time to sift through all of the nonsense, I ask that you jump over to the old beater build thread to leave your comments.
*edit* I will be working on this over the next 5 hours here at work, but I doubt I will get it all finished, so please be patient and again.....refrain from posting in here, especially while I'm constructing this thing.
With the new exhaust and the clogged CAT replaced the XJ was running great. I don't remember exactly when, but sometime around here I also did a full tune up with new distributer cap/rotor, plugs, plug wires, flushed radiator and heater core, replaced thermostat, replaced water pump, radiator hoses, fan clutch, serpentine belt, oil change, and gave it a sea foam treatment.
Oh, and a new starter, because that **** was EMBARRASSING!
Picked up some gambler rims with used tires for cheap to replace the bald tires. Now it's ready for inspection and to take over the DD duties, so I can sell the '01 TJ.
Really wish I could have kept the TJ, but bills needed to be paid. So, it was out with the new and in with the old. but I do love my XJ after all the blood, sweat, and busted knuckles accrued from the many hours spent with it in the garage over the years since these pics.
The lift took a little longer than anticipated and no WAY would it take me that long to do now that I am a tad bit more edumacated. There is also a pic of the new head unit and speakers I purchased. Say good-by to the gambler rims too. I gave them to the guy that owned the shop I used for the lift. He was nice enough to let me tie up one of his bays all night even after they were closed for the day. he also helped me out here and there when Keith (JF member that I just met to do the lift....nice guy) and I were beating our heads against the wall doing something stupid or the hard way.
Attempting to do a driveway alignment after the lift it apears that I managed to slightly damage the tierod......
Since the XJ was my daily driver by this point and I needed to be able to get to work I was forced to just pick something up locally as quickly as possible. I wish I could have just put the $$ towards 1 ton steering at this point instead, but just couldn't afford the shipping time. So, I picked up a V8 ZJ tierod, installed it, finished the driveway alignment and was back on the road in no time.
I was having an oil pressure issue. Anytime my rpm's got under 1k my oil pressure would drop. So, for awhile I was driving with two feet to keep the rpm's up. I was in NC, but it was still cold. We had snow on the ground and I was trying to avoid dropping the oil pan to get this fixed. I caved eventually and got it done. I installed a high flow oil pump and new pickup. It fixed the issue, so I'm guessing either the oil pump was on its way out or the pickup was just clogged. My $$ was on it being clogged, because it happened shortly after I treated the XJ to the seafoam treatment.
While I was at it I also installed the new stereo equipment. I love the 6x9's in the hatch. the 6.5's moved out of the doors was to retain speakers after I made my doors removable. I just wish I would have bought the shallow mount speakers. These stick out a little more than I would prefer, but they'll do. Oh, and this is my garage helper sitting on the 4 wheeler.
BRING ON THE RUST!!! In this set of pics I uncovered my rusty floor, threw in a temporary cardboard solution, removed the front air dam and hitch, received the IPF H4 headlights I ordered, and the '01 WJ heated leather seats.
The plan was to use those seats, but I never got around to installing them and I'm actually looking to sell them this week. I want to sell them and pick up a tailbone tire carrier made by detours.