$300 '92 Beater Build - Page 57 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > $300 '92 Beater Build

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 02-12-2010, 01:07 PM   #841
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I need to get the XJ done ASAP so that I can get to work on the gsxr. I want that done before spring, so it can start being my daily rider.

The PLAN for today was to get to work when I got up, but instead I only slept about 4 hours. I got up at 6am to iron my kids' clothes for picture day. Then I went to work with my wife to get some stuff done around the office for the ladies. I changed the side their fridge opens from. Fixed their laptop and configured it to be able to connect to their wireless network. Changed ALL the light motion sensors in all the offices from 30 sec to 20 min. They are in the process of moving into this office. The poor girls all had sticks, because if they were at their computers for more than 30 seconds their lights were turning off. So, they would wave the stick to get them to turn back on. Silly...

Anyhow... I just got back to the house an hour ago and ate lunch. Now my kids will be home in half an hour, so no chance of napping now. THEN I have to go to MY work tonight at 7pm and pull a 12 hour shift. I'm going to be dragging some serious ***. Tonight is going to SUCK!

koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2010, 08:25 PM   #842
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, here are the pics of the Scout I saw today. I WISH I was done with the XJ and didn't have too many other projects, so I could at least consider picking something like this up. Then I could fix it up all nice like and use it as my DD and have my HEEP as the dedicated trail *****.

all tucked back in there around all of these boats. It has a for sale sign in the windshield, but no contact info that I could see. Rockers are obviously rusted pretty good, but I can't get closer to see any more detail....

Unread 02-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #843
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Thats a cute little scout, it would look nice restored
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #844
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Ok, so as I was sitting there I decided to flex the HEEP for the first time. If you saw me mention it in the "what you did to your XJ" thread this is NOT the major flexing that I was talking about

THIS is the "major" flexing I was talking about. Ok...ok...ok... I was just bull****ting to get you to come look at my pictures It IS the most I've tested out the lift though This is right by myself where they're clearing out trees to build an urgent care clinic or something, which will come in handy since my daughter is a little wild girl and has had a broken arm AND stitches in her forehead just in the past 6 months

Anyway.... here are the anti-climactic pics

Oh, and I tried to pose with the front left wheel up on a tree stump, but I just spun out on the f'n sand and couldn't get on it So, I just pulled it up on that bank instead. If I would have seen myself I would definitely have so feel free to go ahead and give me some ****
Unread 02-12-2010, 08:33 PM   #845
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
Thats a cute little scout, it would look nice restored
I know.... I even kind of dig the pea green color

*edit* I guess it's not really pea green.... what would you call that? PUKE green?
Unread 02-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #846
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Whatever color it is it reminds me of fender guitars and the seventys, I like it.
Quote:
Unread 02-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #847
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
Whatever color it is it reminds me of fender guitars and the seventys, I like it.
I used to have a red fender....well it was like a red "burst" dealio if that makes sense. I got that for X-Mas one year and then a fender half stack for HS graduation. I dorked around with it for YEARS. I'd pick it up and teach myself a bit and then not touch it for MONTHS and forget most of it..... wash, rinse, and repeat. I did that for about 5-6 years and then finally just sold the ****er on ebay. I still have the amp though. Well, my wife's uncle is keeping it company in MD until I decide to do something with it. I wish I could play. I need to pick up an acoustic and get someone to teach me a bit.
Unread 02-12-2010, 08:52 PM   #848
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I have a **** load of guitars I never play. (I collected guitars before I was old enough to own jeeps lol) My favorite one is my 60's sears brand acostic that has a brass "dedicted to class of 1969"on it. It may be worthless but its one of the best sounding acoustics ive ever played.
Quote:
Unread 02-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #849
99Greenmachine
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Where in NC is that Scout...I wanna buy NOW.....seriously I will drive to Fayetteville no prob

Thank You Hooligan!!!

[SIZE="4"]XJ Dana 44, Yukon 4.56 D44 Gears, LeBaron hood vents for sale
99Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #850
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Greenmachine View Post
Where in NC is that Scout...I wanna buy NOW.....seriously I will drive to Fayetteville no prob
NOPE... I'm not telling until I get the final word from the wife that I can't even entertain the idea of picking it up. If it's less than $1000 I'd jump on it just to throw it in the garage to work on when I get the rest of the ongoing projects done. If I can't convince her to let me get it and my buddy here doesn't want to take it on as a joint project then I'll let you know. It is SOMEWHERE in Fayetteville, but you'd never find it. That's all the info I'm giving out right now
Unread 02-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #851
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Oh, and 99GM - I'll donate to your lifetime membership if you donate to mine
Unread 02-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #852
99Greenmachine
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Ill donate to your membership....after I'm driving away in the IH hahahaha

Thank You Hooligan!!!

[SIZE="4"]XJ Dana 44, Yukon 4.56 D44 Gears, LeBaron hood vents for sale
99Greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #853
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I just feel like posting pics tonight. Here is a pic from the other week when we had that little ice storm that covered everything in an inch or two of solid ice. I took it when I got off of work at about 6:30am..... It's not the best pic, but you get the idea.

and I just took this pic a few minutes ago... It's really coming down. This is CRAZY for my area of NC. I LOVE it. I'm going to have fun driving home in the morning.

sorry for the crappy cell phone pics, but that's all I have here at work.
Unread 02-12-2010, 09:22 PM   #854
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Greenmachine View Post
Ill donate to your membership....after I'm driving away in the IH hahahaha

not sure it even runs.
Unread 02-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #855
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I've never asked koolaid but do you get any vibes?

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.