$300 '92 Beater Build - Page 53 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > $300 '92 Beater Build

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #781
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006sport View Post
I wanaa see that raptor on ASAP matt.
Yeah??? Me too. Do you want to come and help me out with this prep work? I used a flap disk to grind down some of the rust last night on the driver's side front. I'm still not done that side. After I do finish it I'll move to the cargo area. I'm just really not looking forward to doing the swiss cheese passenger floor

koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #782
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

started grinding on the driver's side floor.... it's coming along, but a loooong way to go

right up by the gas pedal is the only place on this side that has hole the whole way through. It looks like the rest of the floor is salvageable

It still looks pretty bad in these pictures. If I would have taken the time to clean it up before snapping them it would be more impressive some of what you're seeing in the pics is just dust from grinding the rust. Sorry. I'll have more up in a few days

Also, my floor pans came in for the passenger's side, which means I'm falling way behind. I wanted to be all done with everything else by the time they got here.... I'm just lazy I guess
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:03 PM   #783
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

alright guys... I SEE that people are checking out my thread, because I check the views count once in awhile. So, why no love? Good or bad let me have it guys. Comment on my **** *****es Tell me how ****ty I'm doing
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:08 PM   #784
basso4735
1997 XJ Cherokee 

A LOT of people lurk and dont post. dont take it the wrong way.

Red 97 XJ Sport 5 Speed - Lifted 3" - Sound system - C4X4 Tow Hooks - Hella 500s
Black 96 XJ Classic - Stocker on 31s - SOLD
basso4735 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:09 PM   #785
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
alright guys... I SEE that people are checking out my thread, because I check the views count once in awhile. So, why no love? Good or bad let me have it guys. Comment on my **** *****es Tell me how ****ty I'm doing
You're doing a ****ty job, now get out there and get that rust out!! I want it to be so clean I can drive clear across the country and be able to eat off of it, you lazy *** sack of ****.

I was just kidding ya, don't worry

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #786
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Hey, it's feedback.... I'll take it. It's better than people *****in about me not posting up progress and then not getting **** for comments

I'm waiting to see the pics of husslers progress and then I'm heading back out to the garage.

Custom roof work build thread - Page 4
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:26 PM   #787
talentjeep
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
i understand every Jeep modification is an arduous process.

i was merely awaiting it's completion. props on the flap wheel stuff though...flap wheels seem so slow to me. but angle grinders don't have a broad enough surface. steel wire wheels never seem to get the rust.

i wish i had a bead blaster.
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #788
slimpartywagon
1989 XJ Cherokee 

im lurking this thread... you got more going on with your Heep than I have on mine... I need a back up car so I can take my Heep into the garage and start wrenching and wheeling.
slimpartywagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:30 PM   #789
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentjeep View Post
i understand every Jeep modification is an arduous process.

i was merely awaiting it's completion. props on the flap wheel stuff though...flap wheels seem so slow to me. but angle grinders don't have a broad enough surface. steel wire wheels never seem to get the rust.

i wish i had a bead blaster.
Yeah, I was looking at harborfreight online at some sand blasters. I want one of those and a welder. My wife's coworker's husband has both. He searches CL for all sorts of **** that he stock piles in his garage. He jumps from project to project. He just got done with a pig cooker made out of a 55 gallon drum. I'm meeting him on Saturday and he wants me to bring the HEEP with me, so he can see it. I MIGHT be able to drag him into my obsession.

Oh, and I moved from using the flap wheels to just tearing into it with a grinding wheel. I thought it might tear it up too much, but it works great.
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #790
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimpartywagon View Post
im lurking this thread... you got more going on with your Heep than I have on mine... I need a back up car so I can take my Heep into the garage and start wrenching and wheeling.
Don't just lurk man. Post! It helps keep me going. I need a fire lit under me arse once i awhile

You don't need a backup. You see the condition mine is in right now and it's still my DD. I just toss the driver's seat back in real quick and I'm off. I REALLY wanted another XJ for that reason as well, but the wife squashed that idea, so I'm stuck doing it this way.
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:42 PM   #791
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I can't wait until you can bedline it. I'm not sure if I want to get husky liners all around or rip the carpet out and bedline. Most likely be a lot cheaper ripping out carpet and bedlining than husky liners. I highly doubt mine has any rust problems as most CA vehicles don't, but I'm just not sure about bedlining mine. I don't think I'll mind if it's louder on the highway, if taking carpet out does make it louder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:43 PM   #792
slimpartywagon
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I know... I have built plenty of jeeps that were my DD in the past... my wife has never witnessed my builds, and says no mods until I get another car... or untill I can ride my Bike to work again... so for now I am happy just to restore my bike, and dream of days when I can mod the hell out of my Heep.
slimpartywagon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #793
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

With the carpet out it IS definitely louder, but I don't mind.

I picked up these mats to throw in on top of the bedliner... Lloyd RubberTite Rubber Floor Mats, Lloyd Rubber Floor Liner

Might help a little bit with the road noise I wanted to go with something more rubbery than the husky plastic liners. I had those in my TJ. I just don't see the need for them on top of bedliner. I got them for my TJ before I bedlined it. I first tried to replace the carpet, but then realized I didn't like it. It didn't fit right. It got full of dog hair in 2 sec when I took the dogs for a ride, and you can't just hose it out. Bedliner (Raptor in particular) is the way to go
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:51 PM   #794
talentjeep
1987 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Oh, and I moved from using the flap wheels to just tearing into it with a grinding wheel. I thought it might tear it up too much, but it works great.
Yeah, I took all the paint off the roof and trunk of my Neon with a grinding wheel and if I'd have picked the right paint it would look good right now.
Unread 02-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #795
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimpartywagon View Post
I know... I have built plenty of jeeps that were my DD in the past... my wife has never witnessed my builds, and says no mods until I get another car... or untill I can ride my Bike to work again... so for now I am happy just to restore my bike, and dream of days when I can mod the hell out of my Heep.
I spent the past 2 years fixing up a '90 gsxr 1100. What do you have? I WASN'T planning on messing with the floor until it got warmer and I could ride the bike, but I got too antsy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.