$300 '92 Beater Build - Page 51 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > $300 '92 Beater Build

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Alloy USA Still Available

Unread 01-29-2010, 07:47 PM   #751
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

All of those were pics of the carpet just pulled up before I cleaned anything up. After that I hit it up with the shop vac and then started hitting up the driver's floor pan with the wire wheel, but I guess I didn't upload those to photobucket.... sorry

Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #752
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

and now for light pics....

old sylvania sealed beams....

and got the fog lights hooked up for the **** of it They're not going to stay on . I'll be upgrading them when I put the new bumper on.

Unread 01-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #753
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

and here are the IPF's with the hella H4 bulbs. It wasn't dark when I took them, but I'll post up some more night shots tomorrow night when I'm at home. I took
these right before I came to work tonight.

can't tell from this pic since it's daytime, but they look PURTY

and here is a little walk around I did with the HEEP running, so you all could hear how much better it sounds now I haven't watched it yet, because I can't play the vid on my work computer. Let me know if it's horrible. I'll check it out tomorrow.

http://s79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...karoundvid.flv

Unread 01-29-2010, 08:00 PM   #754
my1979impala
2000 TJ Wrangler 

once that carpet padding gets wet it can stay that way for MONTHS. also someone i used to know used to fix floor rot with stop signs
Unread 01-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #755
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

You know what koolaid. I haven't checked under my carpet in over a year to see if i have any further rusting which i stopped from a rear plug missing...

All your thread did is give me one more concern now. Damn you -- The lights look good though.

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #756
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by my1979impala View Post
once that carpet padding gets wet it can stay that way for MONTHS. also someone i used to know used to fix floor rot with stop signs
I'm going to track down a place to get some floor pans tonight for the passenger's side. The rest is mostly surface rust and MIGHT need a small patch here and there, but that's it. I don't have access to many stop signs to use though

Unread 01-29-2010, 08:08 PM   #757
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep89JV View Post
You know what koolaid. I haven't checked under my carpet in over a year to see if i have any further rusting which i stopped from a rear plug missing...

All your thread did is give me one more concern now. Damn you -- The lights look good though.
Thanks man and sorry

Unread 01-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #758
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Here is everything Big Brown Santa brought for me today

Unread 01-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #759
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

^So what are you going to use the hitch cargo rack for? I've thought about getting one for when I go wheeling to store a couple gas/water cans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 10:03 PM   #760
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrad View Post
^So what are you going to use the hitch cargo rack for? I've thought about getting one for when I go wheeling to store a couple gas/water cans.
It was on sale at Quadratec, so I just decided to pick it up. I'll use it for extra cargo space, which I'll need if I take the kids, wife, AND dogs camping. Well...maybe leave the wife at home We'll see.

Unread 01-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #761
joshrad
Who needs roads?

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
It was on sale at Quadratec, so I just decided to pick it up. I'll use it for extra cargo space, which I'll need if I take the kids, wife, AND dogs camping. Well...maybe leave the wife at home We'll see.
I guess if you didn't have any more room inside after you get your gear, kids, dogs, and you had to bring your wife she could always ride on that

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJames1226 View Post
Once the members of jeepforum get drunk enough, anyone can be a lawyer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz_Soldier
Wait! Does that mean XJs are Xtreme Jeeps?
joshrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #762
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

that's a good point. I might have to strap her down though. I wouldn't want her to fall off

Unread 01-29-2010, 11:24 PM   #763
miniderblank
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Man seeing all those rust pictures made me really glad my cherokee is from california. I peeled the carpet off of mine and it looked damn near brand new..... Nice headlights though are you going to upgrade your harness to?
Unread 01-29-2010, 11:33 PM   #764
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I MIGHT upgrade the harness eventually, but given the $$ I've already dumped into it and will need to dump into it now fixing the rust I can't justify $100 for a headlight harness

Unread 01-30-2010, 09:50 PM   #765
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I got to drive the HEEP home in 4WD for the first time this morning. It handles AMAZINGLY. I even got to take it to the HS parking lot across from my development and play around on the ice a bit It was a blast.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.