$300 '92 Beater Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > $300 '92 Beater Build

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 10-02-2009, 07:44 PM   #46
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

If anyone is upgrading or chaging their wheels/tires let me know.... or swapping out their lift for something bigger. I eventually want to put on 2-4" of lift and up to 33" tires. I'm not sure exactly what I want yet besides whatever is cheap and someone is getting rid of.

koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2009, 10:36 AM   #47
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

My thread doesn't seem to be getting that much traffic, so I may start another one for my electrical issues, but I'll list it here as well...

I pulled the dash apart a bit last night. The connector hooked up to the A/C and heat blower control was FRIED. I disconnected it, but it looks like I'll need to replace that part. Ok, so that's why the blower was not working. The radio wiring is a mess, but I can fix all of that myself. Something was draining the battery. It was fine for a few days, but after I messed with the blower and radio the other day it drained the battery. I'm hoping that was just the same blower issue. NOW... when I turn the lights on this annoying buzzer goes off constantly. Could that have something to do with the ignition wiring. You know that annoying buzz that goes off when you leave your keys in the car? It sounds like that and the PO had someone put a new ignition in. I'll have to look up how to do this and then rip it apart. If anyone has any info, suggestions, or tips let me know.

Thanks
Unread 10-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #48
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

After work tonight I looked at the Heep real quick and the "buzzing" noise is coming from a black box on the fuse panel down by the driver's feet on the left. It sounds like the buzz you might get if you leave your lights on or something. More investigation tommorrow.
Unread 10-06-2009, 10:02 PM   #49
1984XJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
After work tonight I looked at the Heep real quick and the "buzzing" noise is coming from a black box on the fuse panel down by the driver's feet on the left. It sounds like the buzz you might get if you leave your lights on or something. More investigation tommorrow.
I ripped mine out....

_(o)_)____(o)_)--o)_)

Daily Driver Jeep #16
Utah Jeep'n
1984XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2009, 01:42 AM   #50
Nick85
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Possibly the headliner AND the floor
that's it of work
Unread 10-07-2009, 05:26 AM   #51
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984XJ View Post
I ripped mine out....

Was yours doing the same thing? I'll rip it out as a last resort. There has to be something wrong that it's doing this, right? I'd rather fix the problem than just rip it out. I'll probably end up troubleshooting it for like two days and then just doing the same as you though
Unread 10-07-2009, 05:28 AM   #52
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick85 View Post
that's it of work
is this English?

Since I got the door fixed and it's staying on I'm most likely just going to steam clean the carpets and leave the headliner bare for now until I can pick a new one up at a junkyard. I already cleaned the carpets with a spray and a bit of scrubbing, but they still need some work. The smell is gone at least
Unread 10-07-2009, 09:20 AM   #53
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

ok, so for a temp fix for my annoying buzzing i just disconnected the wires going from the chime module to the headlight switch. That will do for now. I also have no draw on the batter since I disconnected the HVAC blower control.

I'm also working on getting all the f'n roaches evicted that were living in the dash and under the carpet....YUCK!!! After I get all of that cleaned up and the dash somewhat put back together awaiting a new HVAC blower switch and connector I'll move back to the sunroof pwr and leak issues. THEN cosmetics and radio/speakers

I'm still on the look out for wheels/tires if anyone has them up for grabs. I'd like to upgrade from stock and go with maybe 16's and have some 31" tires mounted on them. I think that would be pretty nice. I'll need a few inches of lift as well if anyone is upgrading from a 2-3" lift let me know.
Unread 10-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #54
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I was looking at new tires to get the HEEP to pass inspection, so that I can get the registration done today. I stopped by a local chain tire store and they wanted like $450 for some crappy tires. SO, I called up the guys at Wilson's Off-Road and they had a NICE set of used wheels with good tires mounted on them. I ran past the shop to check them out and he had me out the door in half an hour with them on the HEEP for $260. If you're in NC you need to go by and see them for any and every Jeep/Truck part or service. He has an off site stash of titled parts vehicles as well, so if you need something for a project or whatever....give them a call and just google them to check out their website.
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
Unread 10-10-2009, 10:20 PM   #55
tock172
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Good deal on the exahust, glad to hear you're making progress. Give this jeep a few months, and you won't recognize her

1986 BMW 535i -Sold, 12/10

2004 330i Sport
tock172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2009, 10:25 PM   #56
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Good deal on the exahust, glad to hear you're making progress. Give this jeep a few months, and you won't recognize her

I already don't. My wife refuses to ride in it or drive it. She wants me to pick up another "thing" I was looking at and sell this. It's a 2000 Mercury Moutaineer. I can get it for $2500. It has leather intereior and is impecable inside and out. I might get it if he comes down to $2000. It only has 153k miles too. That will free up the XJ to be more of just my off-road toy slash back-up vehicle to use when I'm working on one of the others.

Unread 10-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #57
tock172
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I already don't. My wife refuses to ride in it or drive it. She wants me to pick up another "thing" I was looking at and sell this. It's a 2000 Mercury Moutaineer. I can get it for $2500. It has leather intereior and is impecable inside and out. I might get it if he comes down to $2000. It only has 153k miles too. That will free up the XJ to be more of just my off-road toy slash back-up vehicle to use when I'm working on one of the others.
I'd keep the XJ. and the XJ alone man.

Oh and clear your PMs!

2004 330i Sport
Unread 10-10-2009, 10:48 PM   #58
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I actually want to pick up ANOTHER XJ

Clearing them now....sorry I got up to get another beer and was away from the puter for a min

Unread 10-10-2009, 10:53 PM   #59
tock172
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I actually want to pick up ANOTHER XJ

Clearing them now....sorry I got up to get another beer and was away from the puter for a min
I would love to have 2 XJs. a 92 Laredo in red, totally stock for around town, and a 98 with all the wheeling stuff on it.

2004 330i Sport
Unread 10-10-2009, 10:58 PM   #60
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

A kid was selling a '94 that didn't run for $1200. It was really clean inside and out and only like 150k on it. I'm pretty sure the issue is a fuel pump and/or a CPS. He came down to $900 for me and I was going to go see it and ofer $750 cash, but in talking to him he decided it WAS the fuel pump and that's all that's wrong with it and bumped the price to $2000. I told him he's crazy and won't get it....and when that happens I'll still be sitting here with $750 cash He told me a few days ago he's going to replace the pump himself now..... He'll either get it fixed and jack up the price or NOT get it fixed and still raise the price to cover what he put into it trying to fix it. Either way it's not on my radar anymore and I learned my lesson on trying to help a seller troubleshoot his Jeep

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.