$300 '92 Beater Build - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > $300 '92 Beater Build

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-30-2009, 10:49 PM   #31
theonlyraphael
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Nah, it's for the Jeep so you're in the clear, haha.

Unread 10-01-2009, 03:37 AM   #32
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-BOI View Post
lol i just spent $300 on a cd player $120 on an amp $30 on a amp wiring kit $15 on a dash kit and $10 on a wiring harness. oh and 13 bucks on speaker wire. in this economy i should slap myself 38 times for wasting money
WOW....I only have $112 more into my entire Jeep than you do in new stereo parts

Thanks for the wiring diagram cornbrizzle

I'm playing hooky from work today to replace my starter and then I guess I might rip the dash apart to see just what kind of trouble I'm in with the wiring
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2009, 03:49 AM   #33
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornbrizzle View Post
Wait....this is only a chart. It helps but I was hoping for a wiring diagram.... anyone? I'd like to tear into this today. Also, does anyone have a copy of a tech manual as well? Thanks guys. You've been a huge help already
Unread 10-01-2009, 04:06 AM   #34
cornbrizzle
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Hey, sorry thats all I had on file, If you can get a Haynes manual from the parts store it has a wiring digram in the back for cherokee's It not the best but it will give you a pretty good idea . Or Google it and you can prob. find one .

Brizzle

www.highsprings.com
cornbrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2009, 05:43 AM   #35
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah... I thought I still had a Haynes manual laying around here somewhere from when I had a '94 when we were living in Hawaii. I'll check online and if no luck then I'll pick another one up.

Thanks man..
Unread 10-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #36
Kettles
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Here is a link to the FSM's, they dont have 92, just 93... You will have to hope it is the same, lol.
http://www.greatlakesxj.com/tech.html
_.(o)_)__.(o)_)--o-)_)
"Dee", a Patriot Blue 2001 Cherokee Sport 4.0L High-Output Pictures Build Thread
The Rocket Sheep
"Live Free Or Die; Death Is Not The Worst of Evils." -General John Stark
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
perfect depends on how far away you are when you look at it:D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millermagic View Post
It's a 4.0 ... as long as there's something in the crank case that isn't coolant I'm sure it will still run forever.
Kettles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2009, 08:47 AM   #37
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks man...I actually found that already have it downloaded. Found it in another therad.
Unread 10-01-2009, 11:35 AM   #38
XJSport
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like that Heep is really coming together. For $300 you can't go wrong. I'm dropping $3200 on my 96 XJ and it still needs an ATF change, both diff need a fluid change, serpentine belt, rad flush, oil change, front right turn signal is cracked, needs a DEEP cleaning, 4 new tires, some POR-15 and some cool bumper stickers. I probably got hosed but XJ's are getting hard to find. You might want to look into renting a carpet extractor (like a RugDoctor) for $20 a day. You can get those seats and carpets looking like brand new and even use it on your other cars while you have it. Oh and get some kitty litter for that oil leak. lol!
XJSport is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #39
cornbrizzle
1992 XJ Cherokee 

don't use kitty litter !!!!!!!!!! FIX THE LEAK

Brizzle

www.highsprings.com
cornbrizzle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-01-2009, 10:48 PM   #40
OffroadAlex
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hey man I also have a 92 I picked up for 500, and my moon roof leaks and the headliner is falling down. Did you ever figure out how to seal the moon roof?
OffroadAlex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2009, 01:20 AM   #41
D-BOI
2001 XJ Cherokee 

get the stuff from a windshield place its the only stuff that will truly honestly work. its what i used and its great
D-BOI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2009, 04:50 AM   #42
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-BOI View Post
get the stuff from a windshield place its the only stuff that will truly honestly work. its what i used and its great
Yeah, the guy that put my new muffler on showed me a windshield kit and told me to go that way as well. Right now I'm cleaning all the crap off of the sunroof and most likely going to attempt to install it today. I'm not going to fix the leak yet. I just want to see how it looks in there and if I can just paint it black for now and have it look half decent with no headliner.
Unread 10-02-2009, 05:33 AM   #43
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJSport View Post
Looks like that Heep is really coming together. For $300 you can't go wrong. I'm dropping $3200 on my 96 XJ and it still needs an ATF change, both diff need a fluid change, serpentine belt, rad flush, oil change, front right turn signal is cracked, needs a DEEP cleaning, 4 new tires, some POR-15 and some cool bumper stickers. I probably got hosed but XJ's are getting hard to find. You might want to look into renting a carpet extractor (like a RugDoctor) for $20 a day. You can get those seats and carpets looking like brand new and even use it on your other cars while you have it. Oh and get some kitty litter for that oil leak. lol!
XJ's are getting hard to come by??? Really??? Maybe in Illinois they are, but I could jump on CL right now and choose from at least 10 of them locally here for $2000 and under. If I get the TJ sold I'm going to pick up that other '92 that is clean inside and out for between $750-$900. All it needs is a TPS.

Yesterday I replaced the starter in my Heep, so check that off the list. Now all that is on the short list is the sunroof, painting a bit, and then tackle the electrical problems. YES, I will get to the oil leak some day....possibly....but for now I'm not worried about a few drops a day. Yesterday I painted the driver's side flares with some Krylon Fusion. It doesn't look perfect, but I think it cleans it up a bit. I think I'm going to do the other side today as well as the bumpers and the plastic at the bottom of the doors.

Oh...and we have a steam cleaner of our own. I will be hitting it up with that eventually as well. It's cleaned up good enough for now and the odor is gone, so it's ok for now.

Thanks for all the feedback guys
Unread 10-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #44
D-BOI
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
Yeah, the guy that put my new muffler on showed me a windshield kit and told me to go that way as well. Right now I'm cleaning all the crap off of the sunroof and most likely going to attempt to install it today. I'm not going to fix the leak yet. I just want to see how it looks in there and if I can just paint it black for now and have it look half decent with no headliner.
make sure that you prime the areas first, the kit should come with these red sticks about 3 inches long with a little cotton piece on the end, you snap it and it releases a black primer that you need to put on all areas that will be administered the silicone. good luck.
D-BOI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2009, 10:40 AM   #45
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Do any of you have a sunroof that can open all the way? Well with the headliner ripped out I don't like all the crap on the ceiling like the rear lights/sunglass holder and ESPECIALLY the piece of sheet metal in between the two rails that the sunroof rides on when opened. So, while I was scraping all the dried adhesive and headliner bits off of the sunroof today I decided to just scrap the sheet metal and light/sunglass holder piece. After I get it all cleaned up I'm just going to paint it black and reinstall it. WELL.... I thought before I went through with the rest of the work I'd pop it in real quick to make sure I'm not wasting my time. I wanted to make sure it works and this is actually worth it. When I took it apart I thought the reinstall would be pretty straight forward, but I can't find the connector that plugs into the open/tilt switch to control the f'n thing Where would it have gone.....just "POOF" can't find it. I'm such a spaz... So, I'm taking a break from it before I break something right now.

Oh, and I painted the driver's side flares yesterday and the black plastic pieces at the bottoms of the doors black. Looks totally different. There is also a sticker above those plastic pieces that I was just going to paint over, but decided to leave it alone. now I think it looks like ****e, so I may just attempt to remove them. We'll see.

I'll post up some pics later. It's threatening to rain right now.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.