$300 '92 Beater Build - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > $300 '92 Beater Build

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair1997 - 2001 Jeep Cherokee Header Panel

Unread 11-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #151
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
ok....those pics SUCK! sorry. It was just with my wife's old cell. I'll take some more later or on Monday, but these are the wheels that are on there.....

Nice score on the lift man! I like those wheels a lot better than the soft 8's that EVERYONE seems to have. I even saw them on a totally stock ford explorer which made me hate them even more

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 12:06 PM   #152
PNW_JesseJames
1990 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
The bastard pack is just the packs out of an S-10, right?
A bastard pack is the main xj leaf with the entire s-10 or even dakota leaf pack with the eyes cut off and all stacked. there are many ways to do it to get the lift your looking for most I have seen mix and match leafs to get what they want.

s-10 pack info
$11 Bastard Leaf Pack Writeup. *Tons of pics* - NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association
Dakota pack info
Jeep Cherokee Suspension - XJ Budget Lift - "How-To" Lift Your Jeep Cherokee XJ 4" on a Budget
PNW_JesseJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 12:12 PM   #153
basso4735
1997 XJ Cherokee 

s10, dakota, there are other im not sure of too.

Red 97 XJ Sport 5 Speed - Lifted 3" - Sound system - C4X4 Tow Hooks - Hella 500s
Black 96 XJ Classic - Stocker on 31s - SOLD
basso4735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #154
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkid03 View Post
Nice score on the lift man! I like those wheels a lot better than the soft 8's that EVERYONE seems to have. I even saw them on a totally stock ford explorer which made me hate them even more
Hey man...I had soft 8's on my TJ I don't care how common they are now... I still thought they were sexy but I DO like these better, but I'm not sure if I like them better than what I already picked up for the XJ. I love lose "gamblers" or whatever you call them. They're badass.

JJ - why would I want to go with the bastard pack if I already have the AAL? It doesn't sound too much different, but a lot more trial and error/guess work to get the desired amount of lift
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 12:15 PM   #155
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I think I'll just do the AAL for now and if it's too poopy I'll upgrade to the RC full leaf packs down the line.

Unread 11-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #156
Luke94XJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

AAL's aren't as bad as people make them out to be, as long as you know it will sag a little its fine. I think most people slap them on horribly sagging leaves, and expect them to net the advertised height, they don't and then they get upset, as long as your pack is good and you get the long leaf, you'll be okay.
Luke94XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #157
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I don't know how to measure what I have. It doesn't LOOK like it's sagging more than the front right now, but who knows how bad my front is too. I would guess that my pack isn't the greatest given the condition of the rest of the HEEP when I received it.

Long leaf? do you just mean my RC add-a-leaf that came with the kit or what? Don't confuse me man It happens too easily.

Unread 11-08-2009, 07:49 PM   #158
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

This is an old pic, Still sitting on the 31's but the only one that shows thelip on the fender. So you can see where I cut. I'll have to get back to you on the current pics(don't have any yet)

black xj

IndyORV™
http://www.indyorv.com
rkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #159
KINGJB
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Those are some big *** rims
Unread 11-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #160
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkates View Post
This is an old pic, Still sitting on the 31's but the only one that shows thelip on the fender. So you can see where I cut. I'll have to get back to you on the current pics(don't have any yet)
That is one SWEET lookin XJ You need to hook me up with the pics of it and the 33's.

Unread 11-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #161
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Yah, 10'' wide. They were to wide for the tires but got them for next to nothing. Only had a couple issues offroad with tire pressure releasing.

black xj

IndyORV™
http://www.indyorv.com
rkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #162
basso4735
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I think I'll just do the AAL for now and if it's too poopy I'll upgrade to the RC full leaf packs down the line.
thats a goodp plan. if my bastard pack sags in the future ill do the same. and maybe add a shackle and spacer while im there.

Red 97 XJ Sport 5 Speed - Lifted 3" - Sound system - C4X4 Tow Hooks - Hella 500s
Black 96 XJ Classic - Stocker on 31s - SOLD
basso4735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 08:46 PM   #163
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, I have a good idea once in awhile

Unread 11-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #164
Kodiak180A
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Koolaid, I'm the guy that bought your TJ. Excellent work so far. Give me a call if you need anything, and I should be back around Thanksgiving, especially if you need a hand on some of your projects. Good score on the lift and wheels. I'll stop by and take a look to see how everything is going.

Looking pretty good!
Kodiak180A is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 09:10 PM   #165
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Rick... I was wondering what your name was on here. Thanks for the offer. Feel free to stop by anytime to give me a hand D I'm sure I could use it. That goes for anyone else in the Bragg area as well....with the wife and kids gone I'll have the fridge stocked with beer, so come on by.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.