$300 '92 Beater Build - Page 103 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > $300 '92 Beater Build

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #1531
ramthis426
2005 WK 

He'll man I'm only 23 but if you need anything hit me up I would like to make some more jeep friends. I live in Hagerstown on the dual highway. Have you found any nice spots to wheel up in pa ?

Unread 11-19-2012, 06:24 PM   #1532
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramthis426
He'll man I'm only 23 but if you need anything hit me up I would like to make some more jeep friends. I live in Hagerstown on the dual highway. Have you found any nice spots to wheel up in pa ?
Yeah? Well I AM an ancient 34 years old. . . . Are you sure your friends won't make fun of you for hanging out with a grandpa? I work in Hagerstown and just moved up to Chambersburg from an apartment I had over across from HACC.

If you read the last part of my thread you'll see that I just moved North after being in NC for over 7 years. I haven't had the HEEP road or trail worthy for quite some time, so I havenmt bothered looking for too many wheeling spots up here yet. All I know of is Rausch Creek up here in PA. I'm looking for a club to link up with in the area. All I found so far are the Blueridge Jeepers. They link up and go to Rausch, have meetings somewhere (I forget where, but if you're interested just check out their website), and I think they know someone that let's them wheel on their private land.

What Jeep do you have and what have you done to it so far and what are your future plans?
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:03 PM   #1533
bighouts5591
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5

Yeah? Well I AM an ancient 34 years old. . . . Are you sure your friends won't make fun of you for hanging out with a grandpa? I work in Hagerstown and just moved up to Chambersburg from an apartment I had over across from HACC.

If you read the last part of my thread you'll see that I just moved North after being in NC for over 7 years. I haven't had the HEEP road or trail worthy for quite some time, so I havenmt bothered looking for too many wheeling spots up here yet. All I know of is Rausch Creek up here in PA. I'm looking for a club to link up with in the area. All I found so far are the Blueridge Jeepers. They link up and go to Rausch, have meetings somewhere (I forget where, but if you're interested just check out their website), and I think they know someone that let's them wheel on their private land.

What Jeep do you have and what have you done to it so far and what are your future plans?
Do you have Facebook? We have a couple of XJ and 4x4 groups that take somewhat regular trips to Rausch
bighouts5591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:11 PM   #1534
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah, I'm on facebook, but I usually only go on there when someone sends me a message or something. I don't just sit on it all day reading worthless **** about what people are doing throughout the day. I figure if it is important and I actually care about the person they will text/call me directly

Unread 11-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #1535
ramthis426
2005 WK 

I've got an 05 wk grand Cherokee 3 inch lift 255/75/17 Goodyear silent armor tires some powe upgrades ,front guard and some sliders on the way . I have another buddy who's 19 that just bought a 97 xj like your and has already dumped 5 k into it we are looking to get some ppl together to take a trip off roading . I just got laid off after 4 years of work so I'm hurting trying not to lose my jeep but I can't find any jobs in md . I know of a bunch of park trails in pa by where you live with miles and miles of dirt mountain roads
Unread 11-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #1536
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramthis426
I've got an 05 wk grand Cherokee 3 inch lift 255/75/17 Goodyear silent armor tires some powe upgrades ,front guard and some sliders on the way . I have another buddy who's 19 that just bought a 97 xj like your and has already dumped 5 k into it we are looking to get some ppl together to take a trip off roading . I just got laid off after 4 years of work so I'm hurting trying not to lose my jeep but I can't find any jobs in md . I know of a bunch of park trails in pa by where you live with miles and miles of dirt mountain roads
Sorry to hear about your job. I've been there. You'll have to come up and show me where these trails and miles of dirt roads are. If they are mild I can just drive my Durango if the XJ isn't finished yet.

5K? What the hell did your buddy drop that much cash on right after getting his XJ and how does a 19 Year old HAVE 5K to throw at a Jeep in the first place?

Unread 11-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #1537
ramthis426
2005 WK 

He sold his subi out back and took all the money to build his xj RE 5.5 long arm kit and all that carp this us the start to his http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...build-1435890/ ok will do they are by the mall you just stay on that road and make a left like two miles ahead. Thanks I'm fighting to find a job if you hear of anything tell me thanks man
Unread 11-19-2012, 08:01 PM   #1538
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'll let you know if I hear of any job openings, but what do you do?

Unread 11-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #1539
ramthis426
2005 WK 

A little bit of everything from building homes , working on cars guns and computers lol what di you do After the holidays I'll show you the trails if you want. I got lost on them one day with the company truck
Unread 11-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #1540
ramthis426
2005 WK 

I'm waiting right now to start training to be a Washington county police officer I've passed all the test I'm waiting on the pt part to open up but who knows when that will be
Unread 11-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #1541
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Good luck with the police training.

I'm pretty booked the next 2 weeks. I'll have too look at my schedule after that and let you know. Text me rather than posting on here. 301-755-3956. My name is Matt by the way

Unread 11-20-2012, 02:56 AM   #1542
my1979impala
2000 TJ Wrangler 

They were talking about some lubricant stuff on one of thosr car showes the other day. Idk how well it works but it apparently freezes the metal to make craks then the lubricant gets in the craks or something like that? I kinda want someone to use it so they can tell how well it works. Lol. Idk any tricks but all i can say is be careful cuz my roommate broke his bleeder off trying to loosen it and now he cant bleed that brake

My build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/91xj-4-door-luna-958396/
my1979impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 03:00 AM   #1543
my1979impala
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Damn phone spelling things wrong! That last post should say cracks not craks. But anyway quick question. What is the benefit of the cross over shocks?

My build thread- http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/91xj-4-door-luna-958396/
my1979impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #1544
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

After installing my 9" I had a guy tell me he knew what he was doing, could help me weld, and weld on my new rear shock mounts. . . . Well, as it turned out. . . . . He sucked and even if his welds would have been good and the one mount didn't fall off while trailering the XJ North, they weren't placed where they needed to be on the axle. My shocks were completely compressed at ride height. So, with the cross-over shock mounts it allowed me to adjust the top mount further toward the inside of the Jeep, extending the shocks, so I actually have some uptravel now. I THINK I might be able to get away with using the lower mounts on the leaf perches. I need some advice whether that puts them at too much of an angle or not.

Hopefully today I can get the brakes sorted out, front axle centered, and check the diff fluid. If all goes well I might be able to pull it out of the garage and check it all out.

Unread 11-20-2012, 07:36 AM   #1545
No4x4Yet
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post
Canceled some appts today, so I had a few minutes to take some pics. Let me know what you think. Also, does anyone have any suggestions on how to free up the seized bleeder valves on my 9's brakes. . . Aside from spraying with PB blaster, cursing, and throwing **** around the garage?

Attachment 510350

Attachment 510351

Attachment 510352
Those shock work like that? They look extremely flat.
No4x4Yet is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.