$300 '92 Beater Build - Page 10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > $300 '92 Beater Build

Steinjager TJ tube doorsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #136
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I picked up the RC 4.5" aal lift kit today for $300 and a set of american racing wheels with some 33" pro comp tires with a little life left in them for $300. I think they look NICE!!! stay tuned for pics

Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #137
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Here are some pics..... Let me know what you guys think...

Last edited by koolaid5; 11-16-2009 at 08:11 PM..
Unread 11-07-2009, 01:57 PM   #138
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

ok....those pics SUCK! sorry. It was just with my wife's old cell. I'll take some more later or on Monday, but these are the wheels that are on there.....

Last edited by koolaid5; 11-16-2009 at 08:11 PM..
Unread 11-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #139
Jeep450r
1996 XJ Cherokee 

You might want to change your sig now haha.

Diggin the pics... I love the look of a low COG with big tires.
Jeep450r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #140
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep450r View Post
You might want to change your sig now haha.

Diggin the pics... I love the look of a low COG with big tires.
their not attached dude haha, and i doubt he could have already installed the 4.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2009, 05:27 PM   #141
Jeep450r
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hussler737 View Post
their not attached dude haha, and i doubt he could have already installed the 4.5
lol I know that. I love the look of big tires on little to no lift... like ktmracers old xj w/37's on 1.5" of lift.
Unread 11-07-2009, 06:27 PM   #142
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

hahahahah.... right on. I wish I could just pop the 33's on with no need for a lift, but no chance. I'll be doing the lift the week of thanksgiving. The wife and kids will be up in PA, I'm off work, and I'll be here taking care of my two dogs and the new puppy, so plenty of time to get it done. I'll make sure to take plenty of pics and keep you all updated every day.

Unread 11-07-2009, 07:11 PM   #143
rkates
1995 XJ Cherokee 

proper trimming and bumpstops will make those tires fit perfectly. I'm running the 4.5 w/full leaf packs (RC) and have 33x12.5 Truxas Mt's on 15x10 soft 8's(I know but the rims were free) and have no problems off road. Just for the record I am going up 1.5-2'' in my lift just for the simple fact that I'm old school on lifts. I like a little wheel well to stuff the tire in

black xj

IndyORV™
http://www.indyorv.com
rkates is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #144
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

hey rkates... can you throw some pics up here for me? My kit just has the AAL, but I was considering picking up the full leaf packs from RC in time for my installation. I'm still up in the air about it. I might just go with the AAL for now and then if it sags too bad I can upgrade it.

oh, and how much did you have to trim off the fenders?

Unread 11-07-2009, 09:33 PM   #145
Jeep450r
1996 XJ Cherokee 

The AAlL will sag... but maybe it will hold you over till you can get the full leafs.
Unread 11-07-2009, 09:42 PM   #146
CUOFFRD

Sup matty, this is Old Skool_R from gixxer.com

Just wanted to say whats up, just bought a 00 XJ so I came on here to browse some posts and what do I see but "koolaid5"
CUOFFRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #147
Hussler
1992 XJ Cherokee 

just go bastard pack dude, no sag period. from the looks of things your trying to keep it inexpensive (cheap is a dirty word lol). far as fender trimming with the 33's and 4.5 I had to go flareless and cut and fold to not bottom out on full flex
Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderC View Post
I see you also twizzled your scart lead. Well done! :thumbsup:
92 XJ with ARB's, 5" lift, too much armor, 33's and some other garbage
Hussler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 06:05 AM   #148
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Hey, what's going on old skool? Yeah, I stick with the same username on all the forums for that very reason. How about some pics of the latest addiction? Oh, and I've been ridding the gixxer every day while the HEEP is out of comission. I rode it in to work this morning at 0600. I bit cold on the hands and chin, but other than that not too bad. I still have the oil leak, but it's not horrible. I still need to pull the motor to get that taken care of, but get caught up in other projects and keep putting it off.

Hussler - I think if I don't go with the AAL I'll just be picking up the full packs from RC. To do the bastard packs I'd have to go to a JY and find/pull them myself, right? I don't think I have the time to get that done by myself right now. I want to have everything ready to go by the time the family leaves town. If someone already had one pulled that I could swing by and take off their hands I would do that, but without help going to a JY to get it I just don't see that happening.

Unread 11-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #149
basso4735
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolaid5 View Post

Hussler - I think if I don't go with the AAL I'll just be picking up the full packs from RC. To do the bastard packs I'd have to go to a JY and find/pull them myself, right? I don't think I have the time to get that done by myself right now. I want to have everything ready to go by the time the family leaves town. If someone already had one pulled that I could swing by and take off their hands I would do that, but without help going to a JY to get it I just don't see that happening.
craigslist, ebay, chevy s10 forums, you could probably find a set.

Red 97 XJ Sport 5 Speed - Lifted 3" - Sound system - C4X4 Tow Hooks - Hella 500s
Black 96 XJ Classic - Stocker on 31s - SOLD
basso4735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #150
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'll look around a bit the next few days, but if I have not luck I'll have to make the choice, because I'll want the full packs here before i'm ready to start the lift if I go that route.

The bastard pack is just the packs out of an S-10, right?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.