2014 XJ | Love It? Hate It? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 2014 XJ | Love It? Hate It?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
gabejeep
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I just found out about the new 2014 Cherokee. I'm bummed they didn't stick with the original design, but Im glad they are bringing the Cherokee back. Perhaps future models will look more like an actual XJ?

I heard the new Cherokee is a AWD and not 4WD? Is this true? Supposedly the design is more of a crossover vehicle design than the full size traditional SUV design.

What does everybody think???

2014xj.jpg

gabejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 03:02 PM   #2
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I think I should burn your house down for calling it an XJ.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #3
thedecoy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

kill it with fire
thedecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
thedecoy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

that abomination... not your house
thedecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #5
zachm
2002 WJ 

It does have parallel park assist...
zachm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Both.

Unread 05-25-2013, 04:35 PM   #7
dmill89
1995 XJ Cherokee 

1. It looks horrible, and all of the above comments.

2. It is NOT an XJ. The 2014 Cherokee is a KL.
dmill89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 04:40 PM   #8
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabejeep View Post
I just found out about the new 2014 XJ. I'm bummed they didn't stick with the original design, but Im glad they are bringing the XJ back. Perhaps future models will look more like an actual XJ?

I heard the new XJ is a AWD and not 4WD? Is this true? Supposedly the design is more of a crossover vehicle design than the full size traditional SUV design.

What does everybody think???

Attachment 630601
You just found out about it, huh? You must not be around here much because this is like the 200th thread about it (you must also not know how to search for pre-existing discussions either).

It's not an XJ. Stop calling it an XJ. It's a KL.

It's FWD. AWD, 4wd, or 4wd with rear locker are optional. 9 speed tranny. 2.4 4 cyl or 3.6 V6.

It's built on the same Fiat-designed platform as the Dodge Dart and Alfa Romeo Giulietta.

The design isn't "supposedly" anything. It is what it is--a controversial-looking, soccer-mom unibody not-a-wagon-or-minivan-because-those-aren't-considered-cool-by-today's-consumers. Hell, the XJ isn't even a "traditional SUV design" with its uniframe instead of body-on-frame.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 06:37 PM   #9
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I came here to ***** at this dude since this has already been covered a billionty times, but it looks like you guys covered it...
ibjeepin95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:50 PM   #10
gabejeep
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I stand corrected. I assumed when they called it a Cherokee they were referring to the Classic XJ. Im a classic XJ owner, and I love my XJ as much as the next guy. Ive had mine since 1997. However, the personal attacks are uncalled for and not cool at all. I was simply bringing up the topic for discussion.
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:16 PM   #11
Muddy97Cherokee
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I stand corrected. I assumed when they called it a Cherokee they were referring to the Classic XJ. Im a classic XJ owner, and I love my XJ as much as the next guy. Ive had mine since 1997. However, the personal attacks are uncalled for and not cool at all. I was simply bringing up the topic for discussion.
It's forum talk. It does get tiring seeing a same thread over and over again. Especially since January or February whenever the pics came out of the KL. You kind of set yourself up to get flamed saying 2014 XJ in your title.

[URL="https://www.facebook.com/groups/295467847240084/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Unibody Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

[URL="http://okjeepers.com/"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Yellow"][FONT="Arial"]Oklahoma Jeepers[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]

-Zack
Muddy97Cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 07:11 AM   #12
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I assumed when they called it a Cherokee they were referring to the Classic XJ.
Wrangler = YJ, TJ/LJ, or JK
Grand Cherokee = ZJ, WJ, WK, or WK2

Even "Cherokee" used to be SJ once upon a time.

Yeah, my patience for repeat posts is at all-time lows lately; I really can be a nice guy, though.

P.S. I neither love it nor do I hate it.
mschi772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 07:18 AM   #13
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
1. It's not an XJ.
2. It's not a personal attack, the burning the house down thing has been a pretty common response to stupid questions, comments, threads, ect for years on JF. No ones really going to burn your house down. Your XJ might if you take the doors off though.
3. This doesn't belong in this section and there are already a million threads on it.

Unread 05-26-2013, 07:53 AM   #14
Camfam07
1996 XJ Cherokee 

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAAH! UGLY that is all I can say... i'd take it to the Grand Canyon and do 40mph towards the highest point and jump out and let that sucker rock crawl its own way down the canyon..
Camfam07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #15
gabejeep
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Point taken. Perhaps we should start a petition about hating the KL and maybe Chrysler will actually bring back the XJ and call it say a Cherokee Classic?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.