2013 coty fail - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 2013 coty fail

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy Aluminum Bumpers

View Poll Results: vote your pick for 2013 COTY
Feb - hawaii 0 0%
Mar - GregB_00XJ 0 0%
Apr - SFRautomotive 0 0%
May - alexrule123 0 0%
Jun - ibjeepin95 0 0%
Jul - VegasGT 0 0%
Aug - 1990JEEPXJ 0 0%
Sep - JeepN4KC 0 0%
Oct - DezertTJ 0 0%
Nov - LimeLJ 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 12-28-2013, 07:49 AM   #76
YoureverydayXJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Could votes just be posted in the thread? I know mods can delete posts, but doesn't it also show who deleted them?

Bummer we all can't have some fun because of poor sports.

Unread 12-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #77
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Go through Naekid, not PhilipB. At least Naekid has been here for years, is an active forum member, and cares about the forum. Philip is nothing more than an Autoguide employee and could give two ****s less about this forum so long as he's keeping money coming in from vendor and premium accounts and this is about the last straw for me on paying for premium membership. This site has gone to **** since it got sold. Where the hell is "public outcry" supposed to come from when they deleted the JF section that was there for this sort of thing?
Unread 12-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #78
rebelbowtie
2000 XJ Cherokee 

How pathetic is someone's life that they resort to being an internet bully trying to fix a poll on JF?
For he's just the U.S. Government's hired man.
rebelbowtie is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 08:04 AM   #79
ibjeepin95
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Shut this thread down and start fresh!
ibjeepin95 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 08:27 AM   #80
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95
shut this thread down and start fresh!
x2
Unread 12-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #81
JeepN4KC
Keep on Jeepin on........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
This site has gone to **** since it got sold. Where the hell is "public outcry" supposed to come from when they deleted the JF section that was there for this sort of thing?
^^^ Pretty much this. The site definitely isn't as user friendly and I thought maybe I just wasn't seeing the forum section regarding JF site concerns/issues. No wonder I couldn't find it.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbowtie View Post
How pathetic is someone's life that they resort to being an internet bully trying to fix a poll on JF?
While I agree absolutely, I really can't stand the word "bully" as it pertains to adult conversation. Really dunno if I like it in regards to children. I'd say leaving it at "pathetic" would suffice when it comes to the measures taken here to "win" a contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjeepin95 View Post
Shut this thread down and start fresh!
^^^ x2

I say give the title to Tom. Let him have it - but retitle the thread and relabel the contest:

"Cheat of the Year" comes to mind..................

Then start a new thread for those of us adults who, while we wouldn't mind some accolades amongst our Jeep/XJ/MJ bretheren, we have more pressing things to tend to at the end of the day.

My 2 pennies............carry on er'body...........Happy New Year!!

My Build Thread WK
My Other Build Thread XJ
'01 XJ with some stuff
Sept 2013 Cherokee of the Month
'07 WK with some other stuff
~RED WK CLUB #7~
'11 KK with mostly stock stuff
'06WK our first Jeep with stock stuff - totalled and gone
JeepN4KC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #82
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Let's think this through and look at the traits here.

- Blatantly disregarding rules that have been set in place since day one

- Pulling all possible resources to acquire voters with no knowledge of other candidates, to vote for you despite possibly not being as qualified for the position as other candidates.

- Creating a bogus "document" to frame one of the candidates so they will be pulled from the running.

- Lashing out in anger and banning anyone who disagrees with your beliefs.

Hmmm, sounds like Tom has the capabilities to be the next President of the United States, maybe you can practice that little victory speech there, because around here all that just makes you look a lot like a ******bag.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #83
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

And Chris I say start a new thread, this one is bad mojo. But its whatevers easier, I know its a lot of work to move all this **** around.
July 2013 COTM
July 2014 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 10:06 AM   #84
GregB_00XJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

This is so weak.

I mean, I don't have a chance at winning (although now I appear to be tied for first...lol) but it is a nice gesture and pretty kool to brag that you won or came in second in the COTY poll. I am really surprised that the Administrators don't care to get involved...you have paying members who are getting banned and others who are paying members who are getting cheated out of a chance at a legitimate tangible prize. I think I signed an agreement when I paid, I think there were rules...pretty sure this stuff was outlined in there in some manner?

Smells of fraud to me.

I am done with Jeep Forum paid memberships at this point, and if this sort of stuff is allowed by the admins (public outcry or not) it shows that the ownership and or the managers in place to administer this forum lack the any concern for their public image. Sad day indeed. I will vote with my wallet and take my money elsewhere.

Thanks Chris for your efforts, very much. I know how much time this can take, I run multiple websites myself now and ran some busy ones in the past...nothing like this, but it does eat up a lot of personal/family/Jeep time.

Maybe try running the Poll portion of this on a 3rd party site like Survey Monkey?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/online-polls/

____=__=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
GregB_00XJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 11:17 AM   #85
1990JEEPXJ
1990 XJ Cherokee 

I don't think removing his moderator abilities is enough. I think he needs a permanent ban. Period. I'm not on this site a whole bunch anymore but this situation reminds me of former member LEAD NOT FOLLOW. Those that have been members a while know what I'm talking about.

Permaban. End of story

My POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
Yea, and I thought it was one of the 11 Commandments:
11) Thou shalt love, cherish, and honor till death, thine square headlights above all other earthy things sayith the Lord.
1990JEEPXJ is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #86
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

For those saying there is no support coming from PhilipB on this, I'm pretty sure he is on vacation. It is after all the Christmas holidays and this is not a critical issue that can't wait until the 6th.

Also, the Jeepforum Announcements & Comments section has not been deleted. It is still up and actively being used, the link is below. Might be worth trying a thread in here regarding the moderator issues that have shown up because of this.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f6/
WhiteOut is online now   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 11:36 AM   #87
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Agreed and I really liked Tom and assumed the asking for votes was just a slip up at first. It probably was but I didn't expect him to do a bunch of underhanded bull**** and try to **** up both the poll and member's accounts. But this **** is ban worthy imo.
Unread 12-28-2013, 12:26 PM   #88
Vassago
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGT View Post
Let's think this through and look at the traits here.

- Blatantly disregarding rules that have been set in place since day one

- Pulling all possible resources to acquire voters with no knowledge of other candidates, to vote for you despite possibly not being as qualified for the position as other candidates.

- Creating a bogus "document" to frame one of the candidates so they will be pulled from the running.

- Lashing out in anger and banning anyone who disagrees with your beliefs.

Hmmm, sounds like Tom has the capabilities to be the next President of the United States, maybe you can practice that little victory speech there, because around here all that just makes you look a lot like a ******bag.
well put!!!!

MY BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/...lding-1575841/

My Photography Paul Lehr's Flickr
Vassago is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #89
Luke95
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I just read through that whole thing.

That is so ****ed up. Seriously Tom I looked up to you! I thought you had a nice rig, had a sense of humor, and that you were being fair with your mod. Powers. Instead it looks like your on the same level as my ex gf. A cheating ****. Not exactly a good way to go. I am hope you get banned and then this stupid **** quits happening to this forum and all the people that voted in this pole. That is all.
Unread 12-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #90
SFRautomotive
#WannaBeRockBouncer

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Wow
2013 COTY
SFRautomotive is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Tags
cherokee of the year , comanche of the year , contest , cotm , coty , vote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.