In 2006 I had a Comanche... -
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > In 2006 I had a Comanche...

6th annual beat your wife to the credit cards sale!!Black Friday and Cyber Monday Sales at JeepHut.comCrawler Conceptz at Black Friday and Cyber Mon

Unread 12-15-2014, 08:43 PM   #1
1991 YJ Wrangler 
In 2006 I had a Comanche...

...then like a retard I sold it after the 4.0 had a meltdown. I was just digging through some old folders and thought I'd see if anyone here happened to be the one that bought it... curious what came of it. I think the guy drove over from Austin, TX to Jacksonville, FL to pick it up. In any case it was a nice little truck that was provided free of charge by a WWII vet (he was the elderly boyfriend of my former wife's elderly grandmother) who had years before bought it for an unappreciative grandson. The kid left it sit because he didn't like it, then his hippy dad drove it until it had a charging problem, then they left it sit until their HOA threw a fit. I came over, threw in some fresh gas, a new battery, and drove it home. It got me through welding school and then some. At the time I had no idea what I was getting rid of, other than an old truck with a leaking windshield and blown engine.

Shadownwpa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
rockin lil red wagon
1998 XJ Cherokee 
Yea if only we could go back in time and smack some sense into ourselves we might all be in a better place.
ah,beer the cause of and cure to all of lifes problems ...Homer J Simpson... I am the guy in the red jeep!
98muddyjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #3
1999 XJ Cherokee 
Yup.... I had a 87 4.0l auto short bed 4x2 in highschool. Wrecked it, replaced the radiator and drove it. Needed a front clip and a bit of maint. Something in the ignition shorted out in a monsoon, never figured it out. Gave it away to a guy who supposedly had a yard full of jeeps. I was much more interested in acquiring my first mustang than fixing my lil truck. Do wish I had held onto that one.... One spot of rust on one door. That was it for the whole car. Had a custom paint matched camper shell on it too. Lil port hole windows on it and everything. Sport truck stickers on the side and 10 spoke rims.... Was about as cool as a 2wd could get
Iceman12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.