2001 Cherokee side moldings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 2001 Cherokee side moldings

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-22-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
yamas
2001 XJ Cherokee 

2001 Cherokee side moldings

The passenger side moldings disappeared from my Jeep a while back so recently I found some at the junk yard and brought them home. I personally like the way the jeep looks with them or I would have just removed them from the other side.

Anybody have any suggestions as to the best method of adhering the replacements to my jeep? I want to make sure they will stay there but I also want to be sure that it looks as close to factory as possible.

I have some very strong twin stick but I think it may be too thick and leave too big of a space from the body. Any ideas, maybe from somebody who has done this?

yamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
TitletownZJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I did this on my ZJ the door trim piece kept falling off and I didn't want to buy the clips that hold them on there 9 bucks a piece at the dealer and the bone yard didn't have any. I got some double sided sticky tape by 3M and its works great. been on there a 1yr 1/2.

Member of Titletown Jeepers
TitletownZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
Wearingthin
2001 XJ Cherokee 

x2 on the 3M double sided molding tape

My Build Thread
Wearingthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
98XJmtar14
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Gorilla Glue!! Works like a charm every time, just put it on right before you wont be driving it for a few hours (like over night) and just lean something kindof heavy against it and voila, good as new!!! and it will be a lot closer to the body then putting double sided tape behind the trim.
Unread 03-22-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
yamas
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the insight guy's. I like both ideas but I think if I can find some thinner 3M double sided mounting hardware tape I'll go that route. Gorilla glue is great I'm just worried about it possibly running and making a mess while it sets.
yamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #6
Azzy
Web Wheeler

1996 XJ Cherokee 

3M tape is the way to go, make sure its 3M and the fresher the better. You dont want tape that has been sitting on a shelf for the past 2 years with a coating of dust.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.