2000 Jeep XJ Cherokee- To Sell or Not to Sell? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ/MJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 2000 Jeep XJ Cherokee- To Sell or Not to Sell?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 04-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #1
WKUK2013
2000 XJ Cherokee 

2000 Jeep XJ Cherokee- To Sell or Not to Sell?

Hi everyone, I have a 2000 Jeep XJ Sport 4 door, I6, 4.0 liter, I believe its the selec-trac 4WD. I have been having a lot of problems with it and do not know whether it is worth fixing or selling. First I have a crack in the lower engine block(I know), leaking antifreeze, and enough smoke is coming out of the exhaust to blind the whole block. Other problems include Heater not working, AC is out, Cruise Control broken, Light rust on back hatch, back hatch door does not open, windshield is cracked, suspension is pretty much worn out, front headlights need new fixtures, this concludes what is wrong with the vehicle and I hope gives some info so anyone with experience can answer what a car like this is worth.

My options are fix or sell, obviously. First question, How much are used motors, and are they worth it? Second, if anyone has an idea of what this vehicle is worth in its current state, I would be greatly appreciative for any help at all.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by WKUK2013; 04-21-2013 at 10:41 PM..
WKUK2013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
Max78
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Well I would call around to any local junk yards and get price and warranty info on a new engine. For example, There is one yard around here where I can get a running motor with a 6 month warranty for $150 with exchange.
Unread 04-23-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
WKUK2013
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for the info! That crossed my mind awhile ago, but I do not live in an area with many junk yards. I will be looking into that option. If anyone could possibly give me a quote for my poor jeep in its current state, that would be wonderful as well. I am trying to cover all my bases. Thanks!
WKUK2013 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2013, 02:07 AM   #4
anotherlilguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Put it somewhere near A main road, part it out, after so long scrap it. That or sell for the current scrap price.

Or do what was mentioned above. It all depends on how much motivation and knowledge you have to fix the ole girl up.

Sent from my couch while drinking a nice cold beer
anotherlilguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.