Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport

3K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  AUSHii 
#1 · (Edited)
DELTETED> 10char

#2 ·
looks sweet man, low mileage is good. I'd just check for rust and make sure the coolant reservoir isn't empty. Some of the '00-'01's had a head cracking problem. Other than that I would just drive it around and look for any clunks or strange noises. :thumbsup: Is this in CT? If its anywhere near me I'd be happy to go with you to look at it and make sure everything's tight.

#3 ·
You lucky bastard.. Mine had almost double that mileage when I bought her. She's not even broken in yet

#11 ·
sorry man, but thats not entirely true. Its a defect in the molecular make up of the head. Over heating it will definitely increase the risk, but I've seen jeeps crack that have been very well maintained. A lot of people also believe that once you hit 100K you are in the clear, which is wrong. I've seen heads crack at 45K miles, and I've seen them crack past 200K miles. A safe bet if you are buying an '00-'01 XJ would be to factor in the price of an improved 0331 casting off an '03-'06 TJ from the junkyard. I've seen people swap in junkyard heads for $200 bucks. I'd much rather slap on a 200 dollar head in a weekend than possibly ruining the bearings from coolant. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.