2000 Classic wheel color help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 2000 Classic wheel color help!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% off

Unread 04-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
austinaubinoe
2000 XJ Cherokee 

2000 Classic wheel color help!

Hey so my sister trashed one of the wheels on her 2000 Cherokee Classic. I know the Grey 16" Icons were a one year only thing for XJ (they were on 2001 Limiteds too, but just in silver).

I went on rockauto and they have reconditioned wheels for $135, whatever its a clean Jeep and it deserves it. My problem is that I thought there was only 2 options silver and grey.

Rockauto is giving me 3 options
-Bright Silver
-Charcoal grey
-Medium grey

My gut says charcoal, but I really have no idea. Any input is much appreciated.

Here are the Keystone descriptions, not much help

Colors/Finishes:
Bright Silver Bright Silver is a shade lighter than a Medium Silver.
Charcoal Gray Darker than the silver finishes and have a metallic character.
Chrome Not painted or polished, with a thin mirror-like metal finish electro-chemically deposited on the surface.
Medium Gray Similar to Charcoal Gray, but this finish is lighter in color.

austinaubinoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2014, 06:07 PM   #2
austinaubinoe
2000 XJ Cherokee 

These are the wheels:

Unread 04-08-2014, 02:33 PM   #3
austinaubinoe
2000 XJ Cherokee 

anyone have any idea if these are called charcoal or medium grey, or have access to a 2000 Jeep accessory catalogue? Need to get it ordered!
Unread 04-08-2014, 03:57 PM   #4
Ferryman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I'm sure a proper bodyshop comes quite close in matching colors when you give them an example, or is the rim very damaged?
Tony.
Ferryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2014, 07:53 PM   #5
austinaubinoe
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferryman View Post
I'm sure a proper bodyshop comes quite close in matching colors when you give them an example, or is the rim very damaged?
Tony.
The rim is pretty rough, the bead is pretty chewed up with a piece missing. Still a functional wheel, but does not look good. Going to use it as the spare wheel. Would think it would be much more expensive to have it reworked locally.

Decided to just call this guy. A little more expensive, but he seems like he knows his wheels.

http://www.wheelcollision.com/jp1.htm

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.