2000 Cherokee Build - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 2000 Cherokee Build

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #16
JPCherokee
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I assure you they are 37's

2000 XJ 305K original engine/trans, dana 300 t-case, D44's, locked front and rear, 4.88's, 6.5" IRO Critical Path longarm kit, plated unibody, and miles of welding wire. BUILD THREAD: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/2000-cherokee-build-1539270/
JPCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #17
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Next to the 5 gallon bucket they do. I thought they looked smaller too til I started looking at stuff near it.
Yup just looked again, damn.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #18
JPCherokee
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Here is to remove all doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79jeepincj7 View Post
Nice! Those have plenty of tread! Take the tire knife to em and you'll get this whole season out of them! I found another shaft so I have 2 spare rears now so I should be okay. I may grab 1 from you but still if you can get em cheap enough.. grab them cause you never know what you can use them for.

Take a look into weld on beadlock kits jake. Theres a ton of vendors on Pirate that does them really cheap..

https://totalmetalinnovations.com/in...dc2a09ld2gb4u4

Thats one of them.
The beadlocks would be sweet, I have to separate the tires from the rims to do that right? It might be something for when I buy new tires. Im gonna groove them as soon as I read up on that process. Ill keep you updated on the driveshaft search. Im sure I'll find a few.

In other news, I broke the little plastic nipple off of my steering pump reservoir, so I guess a remote reservoir is in order now too. Higher capacity might be good with the hydro assist. Ill just tell myself that so I don't feel like such a dummy.
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:55 PM   #19
JPCherokee
2000 XJ Cherokee 

To keep things moving, my clocking ring came in yesterday

And bolted up to the 300 nicely

A little bit of measuring and some estimation

The smaller section is from some rust repair that I haven't fixed yet, the larger hole will allow the body of the tcase to clear the floor. Still haven't made a place for the shifter yet, but that is my next move.

Also, got my ps pump out so I can change to a remote reservoir. Does anyone know if they can be tapped where the factory ps pump reservoir goes into the pump?
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #20
79jeepincj7
1979 CJ7 

Make sure you RTV both sides of that clocking ring if you didnt get any gaskets with it!

The VIN says its a 79 CJ
79jeepincj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #21
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

You just jumped right into the meat and potatoes of this build. Im going to sit back and enjoy the show, nice work!
July 2013 COTM
Build Thread
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #22
79jeepincj7
1979 CJ7 

More updates!! You got the parts so get that thing done to come up wheeling! We'll probably do a run in august or september like we always do at The Jungle so it'll be a good test.

Where did you end up getting the clocking ring?

The VIN says its a 79 CJ
Unread 07-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #23
JPCherokee
2000 XJ Cherokee 

We have had quite the heat wave here in PA, so that has really taken its toll on my jeep building motivation. Anyway, I did get some parts in and that got me going again.

What you are looking at:
-Liquid Iron XJ front plating
-RuffStuff Chassis Reinforcement
-Ruffstuff Spring Perches
-Ruffstuff Coil Mounts

I had to readjust my jackstands, and started mocking them up

Also, does anyone know why my coil mounts fit the axle so loose? The leaf perches fit fine and are for 3" diameter tube. Is this just something I will fill in with weld?

What I also noticed is that the spring perches have little teeth making the fit more snug, which the coil mounts do not have.

This should be a productive weekend, and im planning on getting the frame stiffening wrapped up, and then start focusing on mounting the tcase again. At this point im pretty much waiting on a paycheck so that I can order my long arm kit!

Quote:
More updates!! You got the parts so get that thing done to come up wheeling! We'll probably do a run in august or september like we always do at The Jungle so it'll be a good test.

Where did you end up getting the clocking ring?
Im not sure she's gonna make it out of PA this summer, unless I can find a hell of a deal on a trailer. Maybe thanksgiving
As for the clocking ring, I ordered on ebay from a vendor called 4wheelsupply $70 shipped
Unread 07-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #24
XJmike0122
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Looking good man. You have some great fabrication skills.
XJmike0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #25
JPCherokee
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I had to trim the plates a little bit to get them to fit perfect on the front section as well as the rear section. Also had to chop the stock chassis mounted control arm brackets, all I can say is that a plasma cutter would have really helped.

Welding isn't really my strongest area, but im happy with how these are coming along. They are almost finished, just need to lay a few more beads and they should be good to go, then on to the drivers side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJmike0122 View Post
Looking good man. You have some great fabrication skills.
You are too kind! Learned everything working at a shop that restored old mustangs. I just cant get away from these damn unibodies!
Unread 07-22-2013, 10:51 AM   #26
79jeepincj7
1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPCherokee View Post
We have had quite the heat wave here in PA, so that has really taken its toll on my jeep building motivation. Anyway, I did get some parts in and that got me going again.

What you are looking at:
-Liquid Iron XJ front plating
-RuffStuff Chassis Reinforcement
-Ruffstuff Spring Perches
-Ruffstuff Coil Mounts

I had to readjust my jackstands, and started mocking them up

Also, does anyone know why my coil mounts fit the axle so loose? The leaf perches fit fine and are for 3" diameter tube. Is this just something I will fill in with weld?

What I also noticed is that the spring perches have little teeth making the fit more snug, which the coil mounts do not have.

This should be a productive weekend, and im planning on getting the frame stiffening wrapped up, and then start focusing on mounting the tcase again. At this point im pretty much waiting on a paycheck so that I can order my long arm kit!

Im not sure she's gonna make it out of PA this summer, unless I can find a hell of a deal on a trailer. Maybe thanksgiving
As for the clocking ring, I ordered on ebay from a vendor called 4wheelsupply $70 shipped
Some dana 44's are 3" and some are 2 3/4. But either way that gap is fine. Get it to where you want it and just burn it in! Looking good! Keep em coming! As for towing.. you can probably borrow out flat tow hitch and just tow it up behind your truck. Thats how my parents tow the cj around behind the motorhome.

The VIN says its a 79 CJ
Unread 07-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #27
JPCherokee
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Well I would say this thing is just about finished. Maybe another few spots here and there, maybe some more on the bottom of the midsection. Im in process of getting something for the rear section. seems silly to leave one section un-plated.

And i got tired of carrying my welder around when I moved, and since im cheap and impatient i rigged this up. Going to get some caster wheels for the front so i don't have to to tilt the hand cart, maybe redo it with some tube later when I pony up for shielding gas. That mini pallet is screwed to the hand cart, its surprisingly sturdy.

Quote:
Some dana 44's are 3" and some are 2 3/4. But either way that gap is fine. Get it to where you want it and just burn it in! Looking good! Keep em coming! As for towing.. you can probably borrow out flat tow hitch and just tow it up behind your truck. Thats how my parents tow the cj around behind the motorhome.
Thats what I was thinking, I also really didn't feel like shipping them back. And thats a good idea, i would be up for that. Whatever it takes to get this thing up there this summer!
Unread 07-26-2013, 03:22 PM   #28
JPCherokee
2000 XJ Cherokee 

LIFT KIT IS ORDERED!!

Super stoked on this purchase. I have heard only good things about IRO, so that was what swayed me it their direction.
Unread 07-27-2013, 05:11 AM   #29
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPCherokee View Post
LIFT KIT IS ORDERED!!

Super stoked on this purchase. I have heard only good things about IRO, so that was what swayed me it their direction.
Get a SYE and replace those nasty white shocks.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 12:36 PM   #30
JPCherokee
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Get a SYE and replace those nasty white shocks.
Im gonna run the dana 300, so I wont be needing a sye. As for the shocks, I was really debating getting the upgraded ones, but im pretty broke after this purchase, so they will have to do for now.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.