2" Suspension: Rancho RS66000 vs BDS 428H vs Rusty's RK-200AL-XJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 2" Suspension: Rancho RS66000 vs BDS 428H vs Rusty's RK-200AL-XJ

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 05-21-2014, 12:56 AM   #1
jae-hova

2" Suspension: Rancho RS66000 vs BDS 428H vs Rusty's RK-200AL-XJ vs Superlift K369

I just picked up a 95 XJ with 55K miles in pristine condition. Ive never owned or lifted a jeep, but from what ive been reading 2" is the way to go if I want to avoid any problems or having to add a SYE and swap the CV Shaft. I dont want to do a budget boost, I want to add a suspension lift. Please let me know if you have had any good or bad experience with the following lifts. Everyone seems to agree that OME makes the best suspension lift, but its a little out of my budget if I wanna add rims and tires as well. Also, the BDS and Rusty's come with shocks (which I assume are junk) but the Rancho doesnt. What shocks would you recommend. This is going to be a DD that I will use to haul a toddler and a baby and will occasionally get some trail time.

Rancho RS 66000 vs BDS 428H vs Rusty's RK-200AL-XJ vs Superlift K369

thanks

Last edited by jae-hova; 05-23-2014 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: add lift kit to the discussion
jae-hova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2014, 11:11 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

BDS lifts and shocks are top quality and have an excellent warranty. The others, not so much. Buy the BDS.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #3
jae-hova

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7-Tim View Post
BDS lifts and shocks are top quality and have an excellent warranty. The others, not so much. Buy the BDS.
If I did go with the BDS is it necessary to replace Upper & Lower Control Arms???

Last edited by jae-hova; 05-22-2014 at 10:41 PM.. Reason: moved to new thread
Unread 05-22-2014, 10:42 PM   #4
jae-hova

Last edited by jae-hova; 05-23-2014 at 06:54 PM.. Reason: remove from thread
Unread 05-23-2014, 03:08 AM   #5
roadraje
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
^that's what I did, no regrets.
Unread 05-23-2014, 03:09 AM   #6
roadraje
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jae-hova View Post
If I did go with the BDS is it necessary to replace Upper & Lower Control Arms???
No, but I found a pair of WJ LCA's locally so I put them in while I was at it.
Unread 05-23-2014, 11:20 AM   #7
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
What about Superlift K369?

Quote:

Quote:
...is it necessary to replace Upper & Lower Control Arms???
Not with only 2" of lift.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.