2" Lift for 93 Cherokee Sport - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 2" Lift for 93 Cherokee Sport

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 12-20-2013, 04:10 AM   #1
steelersdad81

2" Lift for 93 Cherokee Sport

So I'm looking to add a 2" lift on my 93 jeep cherokee sport!!!! I've heard many say the spacer in the front n shackles in the back are cheap n easy. Except the front of course which need springs compressed. Km just wondering if anyone knows a good make that's affordable but reliable???

steelersdad81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
00XJMikey
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersdad81 View Post
So I'm looking to add a 2" lift on my 93 jeep cherokee sport!!!! I've heard many say the spacer in the front n shackles in the back are cheap n easy. Except the front of course which need springs compressed. Km just wondering if anyone knows a good make that's affordable but reliable???
OME makes a 1.5" - 2" lift... but it runs about $900.

Here's two good kits.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/76190_803_07.htm
http://www.quadratec.com/products/76057_80X_PG.htm

To save some money on shocks, pick up some YJ shocks locally (I run $20/ea guardians) and swap your bar pins over. And if you need to, you can straighten your brake hard lines to gain more slack.
Unread 12-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #3
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

The OME kits are overpriced as hell.

Pick up some 2" OME leafs and either some 2" coils or if you want to save money 2" spacers. You don't need new shocks at 2" unless they're worn out anyway.

Shackles and AAL are a waste of time. 2" shackles are going to put a ****load of stress on your old leafs and wear them out as well as give you a terrible shackle angle at almost 90*.
Unread 12-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #4
Sycoglitch
2001 XJ Cherokee 

First question as a response to you should have been, why do you want to lift the jeep.

Stock saggy spring fix?
Fit large tires?
Start going offroading?

Reason being. Doing a 2" lift is a waste, might as well go 3" to start. Second, if you have stock parts still, def look into new shocks, coils and leafs. Pucks and shackles are a waste on stock suspension.

The main difference with a 3" is possible new LCA and start looking into a new tracbar. Ppl here Willie their opinions after this and my fingers hurt so
01' Limited I6, C8.25, D30, NP231, 3" Zone AAL Lift, Extended Shackles and relocators, Hella H4 E-code headlights w/ HD Wiring Harness, Fully Swayless, Front JKS Disco'd when needed, 60mm Bored TB, IRO LCA, Rear Disc Conversion
Sycoglitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2013, 06:51 AM   #5
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sycoglitch View Post
First question as a response to you should have been, why do you want to lift the jeep.

Reason being. Doing a 2" lift is a waste, might as well go 3" to start.
What difference does his reasoning make if you're just going to assume right off the bat that 2" is a waste? Other than pure height there's not a whole lot of reasons to go 3" over 2" especially if you're trying to save money.
Unread 12-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #6
Sycoglitch
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post

What difference does his reasoning make if you're just going to assume right off the bat that 2" is a waste? Other than pure height there's not a whole lot of reasons to go 3" over 2" especially if you're trying to save money.
Simple, if someone just wants to clear tires and won't ever go offroad then do a bastard pack. Or cheap ebay lift. That's the difference. Why waste $900 if he is a mall crawler. Lifting a jeep has a purpose. Its not like the pavement princess pickup trucks that do 2" body spacers and 3" blocks just to fit 40s and never go offroad. Lifting a unibody if not do right will cause the driver to lift more than once wasting money
01' Limited I6, C8.25, D30, NP231, 3" Zone AAL Lift, Extended Shackles and relocators, Hella H4 E-code headlights w/ HD Wiring Harness, Fully Swayless, Front JKS Disco'd when needed, 60mm Bored TB, IRO LCA, Rear Disc Conversion
Unread 12-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #7
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I agree with Sycoglitch, and his reason for lifting does make a difference. I think a 2" is a disappointment that immediately wants to be changed. Most of us were after that "lifted/big tire" look. 2" w/30x9.50" tires doesn't really make much of a change.
Unread 12-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #8
Sycoglitch
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Also i say this because i did the 2" lift and a budget lift and it was waste of time and money. Road crappy. Think it through and do it right the first time.
Unread 12-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #9
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Simple, if someone just wants to clear tires and won't ever go offroad then do a bastard pack. Or cheap ebay lift. That's the difference. Why waste $900 if he is a mall crawler. Lifting a jeep has a purpose. Its not like the pavement princess pickup trucks that do 2" body spacers and 3" blocks just to fit 40s and never go offroad. Lifting a unibody if not do right will cause the driver to lift more than once wasting money
Why waste any money on a ****ty bastard lift if you're primarily driving it on road rather than off where ride quality is more important? You don't need more lift to clear bigger tires. Never have and having someone do a cheap lift from the start is what's going to going to cost them more in the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
I agree with Sycoglitch, and his reason for lifting does make a difference. I think a 2" is a disappointment that immediately wants to be changed. Most of us were after that "lifted/big tire" look. 2" w/30x9.50" tires doesn't really make much of a change.
I didn't say his reasoning doesn't make a difference. I said it doesn't if you're just assuming one lift height isn't right and another is because you have some asinine reason for thinking you need X amount of lift to run X size tires. The ****ty lift advice on this forum gets old because everyone is still stuck in that thinking. You can run a hell of a bigger tire than a 30" on 2" of suspension height but we don't even know if that's why he wants more height.
Unread 12-21-2013, 07:36 AM   #10
Sycoglitch
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Exactly why i asked him why he wants to lift. And how is it bad advise to first ask why someone needs to lift. You just fixtated on me saying forget 2" go 3". And that's because alto of people always say after going 2" "i should have done 3"." not sure why you're going off the deep end here for. Did you get bad advice once so you're attacking other members now
Unread 12-21-2013, 07:38 AM   #11
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Exactly why i asked him why he wants to lift.
My point is that you have no idea if a 2" lift is a waste of time for him or not. You're just assuming.
Unread 12-21-2013, 07:40 AM   #12
Sycoglitch
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

My point is that you have no idea if a 2" lift is a waste of time for him or not. You're just assuming.
Read my first few lines i asked first why he wants to lift.

Now bring this thread back on topical stop arguing. You're just wasting time now.

Im awaiting the OP answers to help him.
Unread 12-21-2013, 07:47 AM   #13
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

Some of the details need to be assumed. We're advising a non-experienced lifter here.
Unread 12-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #14
Sycoglitch
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I was never trying to argue with you. I agree about the AAL and shackles.IMHO Pucks are bad on stock coils. You know how it is through text alot gets misread. There's reason why i say 2" is a waste and it was only in my honest opion nite a fact. The OP can use it as they wish.
Unread 12-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #15
rugsucka
2000 XJ Cherokee 

If you want 2" only and want to limit the cost, 2" spacers and an s10 main leaf bastard pack with new u-bolts will set you back less than 150.

Coil spring spacers up to 2" are absolutely fine on stock coils and can be put in place with out needing a coilspring/strut compressor if you disconnect your swaybar, draglink TRE, and trackbar at either the axle or the frame mount.

The 'beauty' of a 2" lift is that you don't need to do anything else other than a toe-in adjustment and then draglink adjustment at the sleeve to re-center the steering wheel. Both can be done in the driveway with a friend and a tape measure. No control arms, no brakeline replacement, trackbar works in stock position, shocks are long enough etc. You can trim a bit to run 31's or 30's just bolt up and look good.

For an XJ set up the way it 'should have come from the factory' a 2" lift looks just right.

Not everyone will want to spend hundreds on a small lift, and a bastard pack or full length AAL is a much better choice than a shackle or lift block lift on factory leafs.

My .02

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.