1999 XJ Pricing. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 1999 XJ Pricing.

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 03-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #1
Hudson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

1999 XJ Pricing.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Limited 4x4
-Power Windows/locks
-110k Miles
-Automatic
-4.5" Rough Country Long Arms
-32x11.5x15 BFG KM2's
-Clean Carfax
-No Rust

Downside:
-Steering is shot. (if you've seen my other threads i think i need to replace the steering box, tie rod, tie rods ends, and some other stuff.)
-Brakes are also about gone. Either going to put in disc brakes or just replace the current brake pads and bleed the system.

I'm not selling it, i'm just curious as to what you think it's worth. This picture is the jeep.

I live in Connecticut.

Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #2
JrTjK
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

99, in my opinion, is the pinnacle year of the xj. If you were to sell I'd recommend fixing the steering & brakes otherwise you'll find more low ballers, but with that said, your mileage is good, the mods would be seen as good to some and meh to others. The clean XJ's are going for a premium these days, I'd say anywhere from $3,200-5k+ in my area.

But, they're only worth what someone is willing to pay.
JrTjK is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #3
Hudson
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrTjK View Post
99, in my opinion, is the pinnacle year of the xj. If you were to sell I'd recommend fixing the steering & brakes otherwise you'll find more low ballers, but with that said, your mileage is good, the mods would be seen as good to some and meh to others. The clean XJ's are going for a premium these days, I'd say anywhere from $3,200-5k+ in my area.

But, they're only worth what someone is willing to pay.
Here's my situation. My brother bought it about 2-3 years ago from a dealer for $5,200 stock for his first car. It had 92,000 miles then. He got the 30 day/1,000 mile warranty with it. Within the 30 days, both o2 sensors, and the tps went on it. They fixed that for free. Then with like two days to spare, the head gasket went. He got that fixed for free. So basically he got about 1,000$ in repairs for free. I now don't worry about the head gasket going anytime soon.

They also put in a whole new exhaust system. I don't know why they did it, but they did.

He's going to sell it to me, because he wants to get a ZJ. He originally wanted to get $4,500 from me, but after realizing that i was going to spend around 500$ on new steering and brakes, he dropped the price to $4,000.

He's also happy to see that it's going to stay in the family.

Do you think $4,000 is a fair price?

If i do buy it, i'll throw up a build thread as i have a bunch of plans for it already.

I'm currently sorting through the minor problems it has, and getting the fixes for them before i acquire it.
Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.