1999 XJ build thread - Page 54 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #796 of 1022 Old 07-30-2009, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990JEEPXJ View Post
i like the rims. but i say lose the center caps. my .02
I plan on it once i get the motivation and not be so lazy lol.

Kyle - I mod stuff®
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #797 of 1022 Old 08-08-2009, 01:48 AM Thread Starter
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Ordered some more Upol raptor, inquired about an appalachian armor skid, and will do some needed general maintanance before school starts up. I move in the 21st so times a wastin! Im gonna probably wire my bajas that i put on but never wired, and redo the switchbox so that they only come on with the key but have an additional switch for when the key is off. Also have to do some work on the relay box. I have also thought about sound deadening, and fixing my leak in the windshield.

Kyle - I mod stuff®
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #798 of 1022 Old 08-15-2009, 10:05 AM
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Yo Millhouse! It's looking good. I joined the rigid team, thought you'd like to see the pics.

I work on Mopars

post #799 of 1022 Old 08-15-2009, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmitchell View Post
Yo Millhouse! It's looking good. I joined the rigid team, thought you'd like to see the pics.
Looks absolutely sexy man!

In other thoughts, i got the jeep back from getting the steering aligned and the wheels balanced (by by airsoft BBs. Just wasnt working out.) They used glue/stick on weights on the inner part of the wheel so they shouldnt get moved around while wheeling, but i just hope the dont come off.

I also bought two more bottles of raptor and am gonna redo along the lower doors and put some down where i trimmed the rears. I thought of doing the whole rear quarter up to the pinstripe.

Kyle - I mod stuff®
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

post #800 of 1022 Old 08-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Prosonic

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhousenator View Post
Looks absolutely sexy man!

In other thoughts, i got the jeep back from getting the steering aligned and the wheels balanced (by by airsoft BBs. Just wasnt working out.) They used glue/stick on weights on the inner part of the wheel so they shouldnt get moved around while wheeling, but i just hope the dont come off.
Sucks you couldn't get it worked out. I still love my bbs, I wouldn't even consider weight balancing again.
I will say, it can be a trial and error process. It doesn't always work the first time, but once you get it right it's fantastic.

I would keep an eye on those stick on weights. Some of my classic car friends have lost those on the street. I don't have any first hand experience, though.

Mayhem in potentia
post #801 of 1022 Old 08-16-2009, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prosonic View Post
Sucks you couldn't get it worked out. I still love my bbs, I wouldn't even consider weight balancing again.
I will say, it can be a trial and error process. It doesn't always work the first time, but once you get it right it's fantastic.

I would keep an eye on those stick on weights. Some of my classic car friends have lost those on the street. I don't have any first hand experience, though.
Im positive it could have worked out, but i just didnt have the time/patience of trial and error. Plus if these weights fall off im sure the guy will replace them for free.

Did some night wheeling tonight. Thought for sure i was a gonner on this hill climb i was on. Backed up a little sideways and the rear tire hit a rut. The jeep dipped real low and started tilting. I about crapped myself cause i couldnt really see in the dark.

Kyle - I mod stuff®
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

post #802 of 1022 Old 08-27-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Hope to do some work on it this weekend cause im currently at school and have not tools here. In the mean time my room mate (also one of my buddies) make this background for me.

Kyle - I mod stuff®
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

post #803 of 1022 Old 08-27-2009, 08:51 PM
aircruiser

1996 XJ Cherokee 

hey mill, they ued tape weights? did they do a single strip? yeah we get cars come in constantly that lose tape weights when going over rough terrain..just ask the shop to only put weights on the inside..thats what i did on mine and i get no wobble at all.

just a suggestion.

1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
post #804 of 1022 Old 08-28-2009, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircruiser View Post
hey mill, they ued tape weights? did they do a single strip? yeah we get cars come in constantly that lose tape weights when going over rough terrain..just ask the shop to only put weights on the inside..thats what i did on mine and i get no wobble at all.

just a suggestion.
I had hammered on weights on the inside of my wheels when i had my soft 8s. I also had no problems. We will see how these hold up. They also put a bead of what appears to be glue or silicone around them. I think it is one long strip.

Kyle - I mod stuff®
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

post #805 of 1022 Old 08-28-2009, 07:28 PM
aircruiser

1996 XJ Cherokee 

yeah you cant do a clip/tape on a wheel with alot of backspacing..or it will undo what its supposed to do. glue around it might work..hope for our sake it does, i wouldnt do that or it would be a pain in the *** to get off to do a rebalance

1996 XJ on 36" TSLs, 4", locked F/R, stretched
post #806 of 1022 Old 08-29-2009, 08:32 AM
xjbuilder00
1992 XJ Cherokee 

ok I gots one question. When you originally did the lift like way back in the first original 10 pages. You had the stock suspension set up and then with the lift. With the lift you had your rear end up atadd bit high. I got my lift on a couple of months ago and have the same problem. Is there anything you did? or with the tires did it just change the way it looked?

Ok, So Whats The Speed Of Dark?

92' Cherokee Laredo - 3.5" OME lift, Rusty's Shocks, JKS quick Discos, Rusty's Adj Trac Bar
post #807 of 1022 Old 08-29-2009, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjbuilder00 View Post
ok I gots one question. When you originally did the lift like way back in the first original 10 pages. You had the stock suspension set up and then with the lift. With the lift you had your rear end up atadd bit high. I got my lift on a couple of months ago and have the same problem. Is there anything you did? or with the tires did it just change the way it looked?
I didnt do anything to fix it other than just let time take its course for it to sag a little bit. You could always get a coil spacer for the front to level it out.

Kyle - I mod stuff®
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

post #808 of 1022 Old 08-30-2009, 11:51 AM
gijazbo
1996 XJ Cherokee 

yo Mill i feel ya on the not being able to do any work at school.... i have been here for 2 weeks and i already feel like i am neglecting the ol' jeep cause i havent taken anything on it apart in a while.

It sucks to own a jeep in NE Ohio
MOPAR.... Made Of Paper clips And Rubber bands

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysEdition04 View Post
After reading 7-8 of your posts I've come to the conclusion that you may be mentally retarded, which is why I won't ask what "brain guts" are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceb0217;
I live with in an hour of the coast so getting sea foam is easy, but isnt the salt bad for the fuel system??? and how about the people that live farther away can you just foam up water and sea salt ??? if so what kind of mix do I use ??? 1table spoon to a gal of water??? and then how do I "foam it up" mabe a little soap????
My build thread:

post #809 of 1022 Old 09-02-2009, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

just bought a set of lightforce 170s. No worries of breaking lights anymore!

Kyle - I mod stuff®
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

post #810 of 1022 Old 09-03-2009, 09:41 AM Thread Starter
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Also ordered Rockcrusher Diff Covers for the 30 and 8.25. 200 shipped brand new!

Kyle - I mod stuff®
2005 Subaru Legacy GT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.