1999 XJ build thread - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 1999 XJ build thread

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-13-2007, 09:27 PM   #31
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Well, after i lift, ive got a SYE and aussie sitting up in my room. I need to take out my carpet and herc/durabak the inside. The carpet looks like crap.

mortalenema, i tried removing the emblems before, but the seems fragile. I think the plastic has weakened over time and didnt want to break them. I think i have an idea for mounting them though.

ReconMill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 09:34 PM   #32
BTreff-XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Which RE lift kit is this? I believe I remember reading super-Flex, but I don't remember reading anything about the actual advertised height. I know it yeilded 5.5", but was this the 3.5 or the 4.5? Thanks

-B
Unread 08-13-2007, 09:37 PM   #33
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTreff-XJ
Which RE lift kit is this? I believe I remember reading super-Flex, but I don't remember reading anything about the actual advertised height. I know it yeilded 5.5", but was this the 3.5 or the 4.5? Thanks

-B
Its the 3.5" superflex. Keep in mind im measuring from the sagged height. From stock id say it would be around 4" lift
Unread 08-13-2007, 09:49 PM   #34
BTreff-XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Excellent - thank you. I'm in the same boat where my rear is sagging, my tires are worn so up she goes. Planning on the RE SR 3.5 but I keep seeing them much higher than the 3.5. I'm starting to do a little research on the OME. For me ride quality is #1 as she gets ~50.6 miles per day.

Have you started the front yet? Rear looks great. I've found that a lil PB blaster than a shot of heat workds great for getting stubborn bolts out. Generally what I do is put a little soak on the night before, & if they don't give up easily, out comes the ole' torch.

Looks great so far!! Hurry up with the end pics so I can decide on a lift
Unread 08-14-2007, 01:42 AM   #35
wojtizzlator
1987 XJ Cherokee 

hey great job! oh and i know how you feel i have a broken brak line too! now its just sitting there on my driveway! hey what size tires you planning on running! made me think are you putting in gears? i hope this jeep comes out like you want it to!

"who needs paved roads when u have a jeep"

87 xj 6" long arm lift, 35's, 4.88 yukon gears, front detroit true trac

colorado jeep club member # 74
wojtizzlator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-14-2007, 05:35 PM   #36
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

any more ideas for putting the center caps on?
Unread 08-14-2007, 05:54 PM   #37
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wojtizzlator
hey great job! oh and i know how you feel i have a broken brak line too! now its just sitting there on my driveway! hey what size tires you planning on running! made me think are you putting in gears? i hope this jeep comes out like you want it to!
Running 31x10.5s on 15x8s. No gears. I am also hoping that it comes out how i would like it. Ive been picturing it in my head, and i get excited every time i think about it. Right now i need to solve the brakeline issue and i can get the damn ujoint caps into the DS im rebuilding.

As for the center caps, im still thinking of ideas, im not sure what im gonna do. Probably just drill holes.
Unread 08-17-2007, 08:51 PM   #38
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Just ordered 5 Cooper discoverer STTs locally. Will be in monday, ill probably be able to drive the jeep over. They are 858 bucks mounted and balanced.

Im BROKE if you didnt know LOL.
Unread 08-17-2007, 09:00 PM   #39
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

You lucky bastard! I ordered my tires last thursday and they won't be in until atleast tuesday!
Unread 08-17-2007, 09:05 PM   #40
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

well i assume you ordered online. I just went to the local Tire shop and the guy offered $158 each mounted and balanced. Seemed like a good deal considering they are about $145 alone online excluding shipping.
Unread 08-18-2007, 12:43 AM   #41
wojtizzlator
1987 XJ Cherokee 

yeah running 31's no gears doesnt make TOO much of a difference!

i pictured my jeep EXACTLY how it sits but didnt picture how much gears would cost and frankly didnt want to! (and now im stuck with it on the driveway)

"who needs paved roads when u have a jeep"

87 xj 6" long arm lift, 35's, 4.88 yukon gears, front detroit true trac

colorado jeep club member # 74
wojtizzlator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2007, 09:46 AM   #42
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by millhousenator
well i assume you ordered online. I just went to the local Tire shop and the guy offered $158 each mounted and balanced. Seemed like a good deal considering they are about $145 alone online excluding shipping.
I went to Town Fair Tire actually. I printed out the TireRack price of the General Grabber AT2's @ $88.00/ a pop. The dude rounded it up to $100/a tire for shipping(which I was fine with would have been alot more than $12 a tire online) But they called me and told me that they were on back order and are coming from Cali so they were gonna take a couple days extra. I dunno if it was BS to cover his *** or not but hey whatever!
Unread 08-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #43
itsge0ff
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Back on track though....How the hell is the lift coming? Pics?
Unread 08-18-2007, 06:44 PM   #44
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsge0ff
Back on track though....How the hell is the lift coming? Pics?
Its slooooooow but its going good. We got the front done for the most part. Still have to fix rear brakeline, sye, extend front brakelines, new rotors, pads, new TREs, new track bar, well just about everything will be new up front when it comes to the stuff in front of the axle... hmmm lets see what else.

... get the tires mounted and balanced, put on, and spray the underside with undercoating. I think thats it except for filling up the tank.

edit: ill get some pics up soon.
Unread 08-19-2007, 04:13 PM   #45
ReconMill
Flat-4 Turbo

Got the hack n tap on, and just about everything else torn apart. The hack n tap was easier then we thought but i was having problems with the DS so we are taking it to a shop to see if they can get the Ujoint caps in all the way. Ill have pics up eventually, im not in the mood right now.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.