1999 Cherokee Classic Build - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 1999 Cherokee Classic Build

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-30-2008, 05:24 PM   #1
vikingxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

1999 Cherokee Classic Build

I finally did it! I purchased my lift kit (http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=41175), along with shocks, t-case lowering kit and a few other things.

I'll be getting 31" tires to go with it, these here:
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.as...4&partID=40557

I will post before and after photos. Don't know how exciting this thread will be...

Soon: 3.5" RE Lift, 31" BFG MTs

[QUOTE=FML]Today, I saw a friend in the street but he didn't see me, so as a joke I decided to ring him. He took his mobile out of his pocket, sighed and didn't pick up. FML[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=NEVERSWEAT]I march right back into the laundry room open up her wash machine and grab the prettiest panties I could immediately find to sniff the crouch out of.
Who should walk through the door as I am wearing these damn things like a gas mask but her.. [/QUOTE]
vikingxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
92XJCowboy
1999 XJ Cherokee 

pics or ban!!

good luck with that I should be headed to the junkyard soon to do my hillbilly lift.

Do you want 6,000 acres of land open to OHV's?
Sign the petition for Northumberland OHV Park
92XJCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #3
bmx4flowers
1998 XJ Cherokee 

good luck with it, i plan on doing the same lift and tires! let me know how you like the set up, aka pics
Unread 10-03-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
upon3
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Nice choice of parts. That's my plan, as well, except using the SuperFlex kit with the full rear leafs. Can't wait to see pics of before and after!
upon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #5
duntov
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Did you order new shocks as well? You will probably need some longer ones if you do any wheelin.

Greg

duntov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 04:28 PM   #6
vikingxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duntov View Post
Did you order new shocks as well? You will probably need some longer ones if you do any wheelin.

Greg

Yep, I got Pro Comp shocks for a 3.5"-4" lift. I got it pretty cheap too. Only problem is I have to drive from Bellingham to Vancouver (WA) to pick it up, but I got 20% off and I'll visit my folks on the way down. Plus I'll buy the tires while I'm so close to Oregon and avoid paying the sales tax.

[QUOTE=FML]Today, I saw a friend in the street but he didn't see me, so as a joke I decided to ring him. He took his mobile out of his pocket, sighed and didn't pick up. FML[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=NEVERSWEAT]I march right back into the laundry room open up her wash machine and grab the prettiest panties I could immediately find to sniff the crouch out of.
Who should walk through the door as I am wearing these damn things like a gas mask but her.. [/QUOTE]
Unread 10-07-2008, 04:38 PM   #7
XJK
The Guru of Nothing

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by duntov View Post

Greg

Read his first post

Congrats on the lift look forward to seeing it.
XJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 05:06 PM   #8
vikingxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Deidrick View Post
Read his first post

Congrats on the lift look forward to seeing it.
I'll have to post photos of it when I get it all together. It'll be a pile of lift kit, shocks, t-case kit, tires and stuff! It'll be awesome. Too bad I drive on a regular basis and won't be able to have a break from school/work to dedicate an entire weekend to it.

Is there much cutting/welding that I will have to do? I see on other people's kit build threads that they have all sorts of fancy tools and whatnot. All I have is wrenches, hacksaw, jacks, jackstands, a creeper and some other hand tools.

Unread 11-18-2008, 05:02 PM   #9
vikingxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

AT LONG LAST!!! MY LIFT KIT AND TIRES!!!!!

Unread 11-18-2008, 05:02 PM   #10
vikingxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Rubicon Express didn't really send very good directions...guess I'll be looking here for good ones!!!

Unread 11-18-2008, 07:01 PM   #11
bmx4flowers
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Lets see some pics of her on! I just finished my front end today... same lift
Unread 11-18-2008, 07:44 PM   #12
XJclassiciceman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

You are a few steps in front of me. I got the 3.5" super flex on order now and I went with 15" MT classic lock rims and 32" x 11/5 BFG AT's. I'm doing the SYE and CV shaft as well as my forst steps. I've got a black 2000 classic 4x4.
XJclassiciceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2008, 11:26 PM   #13
srmitchell
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Nice dude, I just started installing my 3.5 super flex today.

Woot!!!!!!!
srmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #14
vikingxj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I've got to wait until winter break as classes are killing me. Got a lot of typing and busy work to do. Luckily when the quarter is over, I've got nearly a month do do it and can ride the bus to work. There's this girl I hope to be able to take to the mountain in the winter time. I'll be sure to post pictures of it being installed.

Unread 11-24-2008, 04:47 PM   #15
loosenut
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Post pics of the girl your taking to the mountains.
loosenut is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.