1997 2 Door 5-Speed Build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 1997 2 Door 5-Speed Build

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-31-2010, 02:48 PM   #46
MarkkInNJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Very nice jeep dude.. looks just like minee!! except mine's an auto 2 door =[ but heyy.. whatever.. its a two door so its different! haha i'm doing my 3.5 lift very soon too!! (once taxes come in!! )

Unread 01-31-2010, 05:15 PM   #47
Lifesgoodhere

cool dude im thinking about going the same thing. Thanks for letting me know about the gearing issue. I was actually looking at 4.10s from 4 cylinder Cherokee. That you put my revs slightly higher, but also allow me to run a larger tire if I ever wanted to go bigger and not notice that much of a power loss.
*The Homestretch ---- Finishing the Hammer. It's on!!
Lifesgoodhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #48
dkg4244
1983 CJ8 

Well the gearing thing is not a huge issue. It just drops the motor out of it's powerband when cruising on the highway. At about 70 mph I'm doing about 1750-1800 RPM or so and I feel like it should be more like 2000. It's not an issue on flat ground but it is on any moderate grade. I really lose momentum fast so I just shift into 4th and take the grade in that gear and then switch to 5th. I'll see how annoyed I get by it before I change out my axles.
dkg4244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2010, 09:58 PM   #49
Lifesgoodhere

haha yeah I live in a really hilly area, no I guess I see it a bit different. BTW with 235s and stock gears I am right at 2150 RPM at 70 MPH. Perfect IMO.
*The Homestretch ---- Finishing the Hammer. It's on!!
Lifesgoodhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2010, 12:55 PM   #50
dkg4244
1983 CJ8 

Yeah I used a ratio calculator and with 3.55 gears and my setup it puts me right at 2165 RPM at 70 MPH so it should be a pretty good match.
Unread 02-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #51
dkg4244
1983 CJ8 

I got bored and did a photoshoot today. The roads are so salty in Upstate NY so it got all over the XJ I'll have to wash it later. Anyway here are some better pics of the current state of my heep as of 10 mins ago.

This is a Chrysler 8.25 right?

I know there's a lot of poser shots but I haven't been able to find any good legal wheelin' this time of year up here near Albany NY.
Oh ya gotta show some school pride

I measured the space from my fender flare to the center of the wheels before and after the lift and it ended up being 17.5" out front and 17" out back before the lift and 22.5" front and rear after the lift, so I got around 5 inches of lift from my RE 3.5 Super Ride Kit!
Unread 02-01-2010, 03:15 PM   #52
dkg4244
1983 CJ8 

Thought you guys might like to see a pic of my other toy
Unread 02-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #53
MarkkInNJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkg4244 View Post

This is a Chrysler 8.25 right?
Yes it is! and dude my jeep gonna look identical!!
Unread 02-02-2010, 10:20 AM   #54
dkg4244
1983 CJ8 

Quote:
Yes it is! and dude my jeep gonna look identical!!
good choice. I really like the lift quality and the way it rides. It's a firmer spring rate than stock but it's not harsh at all. The OME shocks are nice too. Although I no longer have a rear swaybar, I don't notice any more roll around the corners than when it was stock. Plan on buying new hardware when you get your lift. It really sucks running around averywhere for new bolts. Oh ya everything is metric so make sure you find a good hardware store that carries metric sizes.
Unread 02-02-2010, 10:46 AM   #55
MAX_Xj

1998 XJ Cherokee 

hey i see your in Mass where are you located? i wheel down the cape all the time and have a 2dr xj as well.
Sorry for the hijack lol.
Unread 02-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #56
dkg4244
1983 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_Xj View Post
hey i see your in Mass where are you located? i wheel down the cape all the time and have a 2dr xj as well.
Sorry for the hijack lol.
I live in Sandwich but I go to school near Albany NY. I go home most weekends and holidays though. I find the Cape better than upstate NY. Where do you wheel on Cape?
Unread 02-02-2010, 01:17 PM   #57
MarkkInNJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
good choice. I really like the lift quality and the way it rides. It's a firmer spring rate than stock but it's not harsh at all. The OME shocks are nice too. Although I no longer have a rear swaybar, I don't notice any more roll around the corners than when it was stock. Plan on buying new hardware when you get your lift. It really sucks running around averywhere for new bolts. Oh ya everything is metric so make sure you find a good hardware store that carries metric sizes.
Yeahh. my last two xj's where all metric too. and my YJ was also. and i'm supplied with a million and a half bolts because of my dads shop haha but i was thinking of RC shocks. but idk yet. but thats good its not a real harsh ride, i loved my YJ, but it just was a real harsh ride. idk. thats what you get when you lift them haha how do you like your CJ? i've wanted one of those.
Unread 02-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #58
dkg4244
1983 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkkInNJ View Post
Yeahh. my last two xj's where all metric too. and my YJ was also. and i'm supplied with a million and a half bolts because of my dads shop haha but i was thinking of RC shocks. but idk yet. but thats good its not a real harsh ride, i loved my YJ, but it just was a real harsh ride. idk. thats what you get when you lift them haha how do you like your CJ? i've wanted one of those.
I love my CJ. It was my first car. I wouldn't trade it or sell it for anything. If you can find one for cheap you should jump on it because they're so much fun. People stare and compliment wherever I go. If you get a 4 cylinder they get pretty good mileage too. I cruise at around 45mph and get about 19 mpg
Unread 02-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #59
MarkkInNJ
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I love my CJ. It was my first car. I wouldn't trade it or sell it for anything. If you can find one for cheap you should jump on it because they're so much fun. People stare and compliment wherever I go. If you get a 4 cylinder they get pretty good mileage too. I cruise at around 45mph and get about 19 mpg
Yeahhh. My neighbor has a CJ-8 scambler just sitting in there back yard, slowly rotting away, they wont sell it!!! i've tried haha
Unread 02-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #60
koolaid5
Stuck In The Garage!

1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkkInNJ View Post
Yeahhh. My neighbor has a CJ-8 scambler just sitting in there back yard, slowly rotting away, they wont sell it!!! i've tried haha
That is a crime and they should lose custody of it for neglect I want one of those for my next project.... I'll probably end up going with another TJ in a few years though
Condensed $300 Beater Build Thread - Updates Only - No Chit Chat

Original $300 Beater Build Thread - Please use this for comments
koolaid5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.