1996 XJ Build c pic - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 1996 XJ Build c pic

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 11-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #1
7mack
1996 XJ Cherokee 

1996 XJ Build c pic

Good Morning guys I am new to the XJ side. I have mainly dealt with CJ's but with a growing family switched to an XJ. As far as this XJ goes it has 262,000+ miles. It has a super lift (As told to me from seller) 4.5" lift. It has 33 X 12.50 r15 Mixed treads. Possible death Wobble. Interior is good shape (Ill post some more pics later when I get home in a couple days) This is my build up and please feel free to add what you guys might think would be great purchases or change ups for a trail rig. Moderate off road use is the plan.

1.IRON ROCK off road Track bar (DW ISSUE)
2.IRON ROCK OFF ROAD LOWER CONTROL ARMS
3.33 x 10.50 r 15 (Going to reuse rims)
4.KJ Rear disc brake swap (waiting on a parts liberty to open up)
5.Aussie Locker front

So far this is where I am at!

7mack

Last edited by 7mack; 02-13-2013 at 02:06 AM..
7mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #2
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Welcome, it looks nice and clean! Post up some more pics!
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
BlueBadger

Look its my brother from another mother! I think I've seen that XJ before. Lol your wife is gonna kill me for talking you into that thing. Lol now get to work make some money so we can mod it!! Oh I've been on the phone this morning, ordering all the parts for my tans and t-case. Should all be here by end of the week. Then have to order the motor.

Texsun there is a pretty cool guy. Check out his build thread "project god" you'll like it.
BlueBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
7mack
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Many Thanks to Bluebadger for all the help on my XJ and CJ! I cant wait to see yours when you get it done! Ever time I drive by black mountain, makes me want to get it done even quicker. Hopefully I can I have it trail worthy soon.
Unread 11-05-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
BlueBadger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7mack
Many Thanks to Bluebadger for all the help on my XJ and CJ! I cant wait to see yours when you get it done! Ever time I drive by black mountain, makes me want to get it done even quicker. Hopefully I can I have it trail worthy soon.
We'll get there buddy.
Unread 11-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #6
7mack
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Ok here's a few more pic's (more detailed) So far I've looked it over and its not bad at all. Minor rust. One problem I did notice is driver side lower control arm drop bracket is bent back, and rust on passenger side inner fender wall frame support. I just ordered some quick disconnects and installed rear hatch lift support after I hit my head getting groceries in it. Extended brake lines and track bar from IRO is the next to do!

Unread 12-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
BlueBadger

Where's 7mack? Where'd he go? Where that XJ? Hmmm
Unread 12-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #8
7mack
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Just a quick update I have upper and lower ball joints new steering stabilizer and Iron rock off road track bar and bracket to go in as well as setting up a on board air system. I'll be posting pics of everything as soon as I get some free time. I've decided to go with IRO critical path 3 link long arm and slip yoke eliminator.
Unread 12-13-2012, 11:46 AM   #9
Texsun
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds awesome keep the updates coming! More pics the better!
Texsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
7mack
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Heres the IRO track bar. Its wicked. Weighs about 24lbs! Very Beefy. And thanks Texsun Ill be hopefully installing everything within a week or two Ill post some pics of that as well.
Unread 12-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
BlueBadger

I got a week off from work starting the 21st so just let me know brother. We'll get all put together.
Unread 02-13-2013, 02:13 AM   #12
7mack
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Just a quick update I put 34x10.50 TSL swampers on. I also put in a Aussie locker front side. I'm in the process of putting on the IRO track are but have a bolt that is playing hard to get out. I also am putting in new ball joints but the ball joints are seized and I'm going to have to hit them with some major heat. I'll post more pics later. New pics are in original post.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.