1996 jeep cherokee country build - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 1996 jeep cherokee country build

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 10-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #46
danstheman112
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks man! Yeah I'm really pleased how it turned out

danstheman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #47
VicOfAges
1996 XJ Cherokee 

No kiddin'. I need to get me some of that rhino liner for mine. Does it require primer or some such or is it clean, dry, and spray on?
VicOfAges is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #48
danstheman112
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well all I did was sand the area down some and then wiped it off and applied the spray. About 3 coats did the trick! And you don't need a primer because the spray bonds well
Unread 10-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #49
danstheman112
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Put on the lift yesterday!
image-4207604428.jpg

Unread 10-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #50
DanTreE
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Hey buddy what a cowinky dink

Same Name - Dan

Same Jeep, Same story (Family Jeep)

Same Idea - Rebuild her.

So I have body damage on the Passenger side I am working with, So I have to replace my bumper with a chrome one. I am also not sure if I will end up with black flares or not.
I love the rims.. I searched far and wide for a matching one for mine.. and had to get three that arnt exact matches.. the stock black mesh looks rounded not sharp like the aluminum ones.. Let me know when you get rid of them. It would give me an actual matched set.. I only need either one 87-96 Silver or Gold Mesh I will paint black or one Stock 89-92 Black.. and Ill use my spare with one of the other rims..

Lookin to do the suspension because I need it and 3 inches is too much.. I just need to replace shocks and struts and gain like 2 inches.

Your jeep also helps me.. I now know what gloss white headlight bezzles look like in comparison with my black ones
and now know what it looks like black entirely.. I like it.. I will repaint my bezzles and the grill (someone had one for 12 bucks that's black but its like 2 hours away). I am DEF going black in front now.. Ill have a chrome bumper I think you make me want to put black bumper caps on now too.. OH **** I JUST SAW YOUR LAST PIC.. YES I AM GOING TO BLACK OUT EVERYTHING EXACTLY HOW YOU DID IT.. I wanted to do these things and in my head I couldn't see it now that I do.. I WANT IT..

I will have it now =) Thanks =)
~ Ain't not place to Jeep like a New York Street ~
DanTreE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2013, 04:28 AM   #51
danstheman112
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTreE
Hey buddy what a cowinky dink Same Name - Dan Same Jeep, Same story (Family Jeep) Same Idea - Rebuild her. So I have body damage on the Passenger side I am working with, So I have to replace my bumper with a chrome one. I am also not sure if I will end up with black flares or not. I love the rims.. I searched far and wide for a matching one for mine.. and had to get three that arnt exact matches.. the stock black mesh looks rounded not sharp like the aluminum ones.. Let me know when you get rid of them. It would give me an actual matched set.. I only need either one 87-96 Silver or Gold Mesh I will paint black or one Stock 89-92 Black.. and Ill use my spare with one of the other rims.. Lookin to do the suspension because I need it and 3 inches is too much.. I just need to replace shocks and struts and gain like 2 inches. Your jeep also helps me.. I now know what gloss white headlight bezzles look like in comparison with my black ones and now know what it looks like black entirely.. I like it.. I will repaint my bezzles and the grill (someone had one for 12 bucks that's black but its like 2 hours away). I am DEF going black in front now.. Ill have a chrome bumper I think you make me want to put black bumper caps on now too.. OH **** I JUST SAW YOUR LAST PIC.. YES I AM GOING TO BLACK OUT EVERYTHING EXACTLY HOW YOU DID IT.. I wanted to do these things and in my head I couldn't see it now that I do.. I WANT IT.. I will have it now =) Thanks =)
Thanks dan i appreciate it! and I'd def paint it black if i were you! For the sides and fender flares I used rustoleum truck bed liner. It's like 9 bucks a can and it took me two cans to paint it all. As far as the lift, why not go 3 inches? It gives you the ground clearance you need without having to change too much stuff. All it needed like immediately was a trac bar bracket so that it wouldn't move the track bar to outta wack. Post a pic of your jeep id love to see it!
Unread 10-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #52
DanTreE
1996 XJ Cherokee 

I will buy the paint today =)

As for the lift, that's exactly it.. Don't have to change too many things.. I have a minimal budget. The only reason I am going to be able to do anything with a lift is I NEED shocks and Struts so I am already spending money. I was able to put my finger thru a shock lol. Its at least 7 years old.. id say a lot older. I don't want to start changing things and running into more cost PLUS I drive like a maniac.. I need lower ground clearance for simple dynamics.. Ill flip the thing going to get milk. If I go 2 inches or so I can put 1inch spacers on my rims or get deep well rims and balance myself out.. All about gravity =)

I will post pics today hopfully and how much did your total lift cost you?

thanks
Unread 10-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #53
danstheman112
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I will buy the paint today =) As for the lift, that's exactly it.. Don't have to change too many things.. I have a minimal budget. The only reason I am going to be able to do anything with a lift is I NEED shocks and Struts so I am already spending money. I was able to put my finger thru a shock lol. Its at least 7 years old.. id say a lot older. I don't want to start changing things and running into more cost PLUS I drive like a maniac.. I need lower ground clearance for simple dynamics.. Ill flip the thing going to get milk. If I go 2 inches or so I can put 1inch spacers on my rims or get deep well rims and balance myself out.. All about gravity =) I will post pics today hopfully and how much did your total lift cost you? thanks
Haha going to get milk lol. And I bought my 3 inch lift with add a leaf for 233. I actually got a 10% discount from the rough country website and all you have to do is call them to order and tell them you have a jeep forum account to get the discount
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #54
danstheman112
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Got new rims cause there was a crack in the rim of my other ones
image-1149246130.jpg

Unread 10-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #55
DanTreE
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstheman112 View Post
Haha going to get milk lol. And I bought my 3 inch lift with add a leaf for 233. I actually got a 10% discount from the rough country website and all you have to do is call them to order and tell them you have a jeep forum account to get the discount
As I said I drive a little crazy =D

3 inches is too much. Too much can go wrong and has to be fixed.. I just want a stock/2 inch lift because I have 235 tires on it.. slightly over sized. I think the look would be much better. Also this is why I am spacing my rims, so I have a wider stance for turns.
Unread 10-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #56
DanTreE
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danstheman112 View Post
Got new rims cause there was a crack in the rim of my other ones
Love the look. I really like my rims. Sooo..

I spray painted the stock ones.. and once dried flat they look much sharper. If you look close you can tell but not much. I do miss my silver caps though.

Where are you from? feel like parting with a few rims lol..PS did you see my front end paint in my thread? ill hijack yours too lol.. Also I went flat black, I used high temp engine paint. 3 coats. I noticed after it dried a couple of spots cracked? im guessing the plastic had small cracks and remounting it cracked the paint.. I shall touch that up when I decide if I want to keep my stainless screw look or paint them black or white. lol

Did you remove the flares before painting them?

I HATE MY OWN HEAD - NOT BECAUSE I LACK THE ABILITY TO MAKE CHOICES BUT BECAUSE I CANT STOP THINKING UP NEW CHOICES lol
frontpaint.jpg

Unread 10-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #57
danstheman112
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Love the look. I really like my rims. Sooo.. I spray painted the stock ones.. and once dried flat they look much sharper. If you look close you can tell but not much. I do miss my silver caps though. Where are you from? feel like parting with a few rims lol..PS did you see my front end paint in my thread? ill hijack yours too lol.. Also I went flat black, I used high temp engine paint. 3 coats. I noticed after it dried a couple of spots cracked? im guessing the plastic had small cracks and remounting it cracked the paint.. I shall touch that up when I decide if I want to keep my stainless screw look or paint them black or white. lol Did you remove the flares before painting them? I HATE MY OWN HEAD - NOT BECAUSE I LACK THE ABILITY TO MAKE CHOICES BUT BECAUSE I CANT STOP THINKING UP NEW CHOICES lol
No I taped them off and sprayed them
Unread 10-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #58
danstheman112
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Love the look. I really like my rims. Sooo.. I spray painted the stock ones.. and once dried flat they look much sharper. If you look close you can tell but not much. I do miss my silver caps though. Where are you from? feel like parting with a few rims lol..PS did you see my front end paint in my thread? ill hijack yours too lol.. Also I went flat black, I used high temp engine paint. 3 coats. I noticed after it dried a couple of spots cracked? im guessing the plastic had small cracks and remounting it cracked the paint.. I shall touch that up when I decide if I want to keep my stainless screw look or paint them black or white. lol Did you remove the flares before painting them? I HATE MY OWN HEAD - NOT BECAUSE I LACK THE ABILITY TO MAKE CHOICES BUT BECAUSE I CANT STOP THINKING UP NEW CHOICES lol
That looks oddly similar dan haha
Unread 10-23-2013, 09:28 AM   #59
RWS61
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Love the look you've got with the lift....exactly what I'm looking for. Tires are what I want as well....sticking with my stock rims for a while but 3" lift with 30" tires will give me the clearance I want. Did you do your lift kit yourself? How long did it take to install it?
RWS61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2013, 09:32 AM   #60
danstheman112
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWS61
Love the look you've got with the lift....exactly what I'm looking for. Tires are what I want as well....sticking with my stock rims for a while but 3" lift with 30" tires will give me the clearance I want. Did you do your lift kit yourself? How long did it take to install it?
Thanks man and yeah me and a buddy of mine installed it. It took us about 5 hours or so, of course it wouldn't have taken so long if we weren't goofing off haha. But all you need for a 3 inch immediately is the lift kit itself, and a track bar bracket. My lift kit came with aal, new shocks all around and new front coils. After I installed the lift, I noticed my u joints went bad so I'll need to replace them soon enough

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.