1993 Jeep Cherokee Country - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 1993 Jeep Cherokee Country

Hella Rallye 1000 Series 12-Volt/55-Watt Black Magic HalogFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Jeep Wrangler Hurricane Flat Fender Flare Kits for 2007-20

Unread 04-29-2011, 09:57 PM   #1
bearclawxj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

1993 Jeep Cherokee Country

I've been waiting awhile for this. I might not leave for the Army anytime soon so I'm finally going to start working on my xj. I bought it a year ago as a daily driver with the intent to build it up and now I have some extra money. It's a Jeep Cherokee Country with a 4.0 and auto trans. I bought it for $700 with 220,000 miles on it. I knew the woman who owned it and thought it was treated well. It now has 230000 miles on it and I'd like to start a budget build. I know it's a lot of miles but my grandpas mj runs incredibly strong at 350000 miles. I don't have a lot of money but I'm going to see what i can do. Any tips on budget builds or just working on these xj's is welcome. I can't wait to start. I plan on starting to get pictures up too.

bearclawxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 05:47 AM   #2
Brave-new-world

Depends on what you want to do with it (improve for looks or for use). Then it would depend on what type of use. If you're going to just hit fire trails, camp, go wilderness hunting then not too much. The more aggressive you desire offroad then the more aggressive you may need to be with respect to your build.

So I guess I would figure out what "YOU" want to do with it first and that would probably help garner you some more specific alterations and improvements. Good luck with it all; it is a blast!
Brave-new-world is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #3
no5son1962
1995 ZJ 

Focusing on your not much money statement, keep your lift at 3.5 inches or less. When you go higher it starts to cost more $$. S10 bastard pack on the rear and bb on the front and new shocks all the way arround would be the cheapest. If you want to be highter make sure you have the dollars and do it right the first time.
Unread 05-02-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
bearclawxj
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Well it is a hunting truck but I want to get into some decent trail riding. I just don't want to go way overboard with mods.
bearclawxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2011, 11:52 PM   #5
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Welcome to jeepforum.
Assuming it's not excessively ate-up with rust underneath, you've got a great base vehicle to work with and a wealth of aftermarket parts support as well as tried and true adaptations of readily available junkyard materials. Your build can be as complicated and costly or cheap and easy as you want to make it, while still being great reliable transportation on and off road.

I'd recommend this thread for starters in getting some ideas on where to go with it. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/budget-builds-what-junkyard-parts-will-fit-xj
G'luck with it and maybe I'll see ya on the trails one of these days.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiser54 View Post
Better to hoard Jeep technical info than old newspapers and the neighbor's mail, I guess.......
ENTER your jeep in the September Cherokee Of The Month contest here!!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.