1991 XJ - Need advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 1991 XJ - Need advice

Steering and more from Ruffstuff!The Ruffstuff 9" Disc Brake brackets!Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 11-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
RivalRacing
1991 XJ Cherokee 

1991 XJ - Need advice

So today I did something stupid.... I bought a 1991 XJ 2dr in need of a LOT of work.... I looked at its tired exterior and its seized 4 liter and thought............ This will be an awesome mud pit bogger!... (Sounded smarter about 4 hours ago...)

So here's what Im looking for -

I need to find the cheapest 6" lift around
Suggestions and tips for cutting my fenders

Last week I also saw a stinger style bumper on ebay for $200 and I was wondering if anyone knows who that might be. He seems to have them as a production item, but I cant locate him now.

The big plan - Swap in an LQ9 6.0L with the small chamber 5.3 heads and back it up with a TH350 and the NP208. I also have a full width D44 and 14BSF for axles. Swapping the rear will be easy, and I think ballistic fab has me covered for the front.

Any other suggestions are welcome. This isnt a trail rig and certainly wont be driven on the road.

Thanks folks - There are a lot of nice XJs here for inspiration!

Unread 11-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
RivalRacing
1991 XJ Cherokee 

As always - I forgot something! Can I swap my front clip to that of a newer XJ? It does have an ugly duckling quality, but...
Unread 11-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
kstiermd

Not a trail rig and won't be driven on the road...? Good luck with the new to you xj.
kstiermd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
RivalRacing
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Should clarify - No rock crawling/ obstacle course/ trail rides. 99% of use will be in a mud hole.
Unread 11-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
RivalRacing
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Any insight on the front clip? there's a very clean one in the scrap yard at the momment and Im wondering if I should jump on it
Unread 03-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
starsonmyarm

What exactly are you looking for? I have a spare grill with headlight assembly, fenders and a hood.
starsonmyarm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
1995_XJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

The front clip will work, maybe minor modification I cant remember. There is a great write up I seen somewhere, it wasnt on here though. Im sure there are a few here too though..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.