1991 XJ - Need advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 1991 XJ - Need advice

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineVisit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 11-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
RivalRacing
1991 XJ Cherokee 

1991 XJ - Need advice

So today I did something stupid.... I bought a 1991 XJ 2dr in need of a LOT of work.... I looked at its tired exterior and its seized 4 liter and thought............ This will be an awesome mud pit bogger!... (Sounded smarter about 4 hours ago...)

So here's what Im looking for -

I need to find the cheapest 6" lift around
Suggestions and tips for cutting my fenders

Last week I also saw a stinger style bumper on ebay for $200 and I was wondering if anyone knows who that might be. He seems to have them as a production item, but I cant locate him now.

The big plan - Swap in an LQ9 6.0L with the small chamber 5.3 heads and back it up with a TH350 and the NP208. I also have a full width D44 and 14BSF for axles. Swapping the rear will be easy, and I think ballistic fab has me covered for the front.

Any other suggestions are welcome. This isnt a trail rig and certainly wont be driven on the road.

Thanks folks - There are a lot of nice XJs here for inspiration!

Unread 11-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
RivalRacing
1991 XJ Cherokee 

As always - I forgot something! Can I swap my front clip to that of a newer XJ? It does have an ugly duckling quality, but...
Unread 11-17-2012, 04:50 PM   #3
kstiermd

Not a trail rig and won't be driven on the road...? Good luck with the new to you xj.
kstiermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
RivalRacing
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Should clarify - No rock crawling/ obstacle course/ trail rides. 99% of use will be in a mud hole.
Unread 11-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #5
RivalRacing
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Any insight on the front clip? there's a very clean one in the scrap yard at the momment and Im wondering if I should jump on it
Unread 03-03-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
starsonmyarm

What exactly are you looking for? I have a spare grill with headlight assembly, fenders and a hood.
starsonmyarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
1995_XJ
1995 XJ Cherokee 

The front clip will work, maybe minor modification I cant remember. There is a great write up I seen somewhere, it wasnt on here though. Im sure there are a few here too though..

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.