1989 cherokee for sale. Your thoughts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 1989 cherokee for sale. Your thoughts?

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 02-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #1
raetay
1992 FSJ Cherokee 

1989 cherokee for sale. Your thoughts?

You read it. There's another topic of this one here but it is going slow.

30xx
Excellent interior
Original everything
Garage kept
8700$
Limited trim sunroof edition

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

raetay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 04:38 AM   #2
Newf0rm
1987 XJ Cherokee 

all that stuff aside, do really do you want to pay 8k for an 89? If you plan to do anything to it than you should get something much cheaper instead cause chances are you're going to be changing out and swapping parts.
Now if there's one thing you can be sure of, it's that nothing is more powerful than a young boy's wish. Except an Apache helicopter. An Apache helicopter has machine guns AND missiles. It is an unbelievably impressive complement of weaponry, an absolute death machine.
Newf0rm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 06:39 AM   #3
jeepkid03
Winning

2000 XJ Cherokee 

$8700 is a lot, but I have a soft spot for Renix era (pre-91) Cherokees that are in mint condition, especially Limiteds.

My 0331 Head Swap How-To Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/0...hread-1371398/

Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...build-1119997/
jeepkid03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

8700 for a 89? Crazy talk, even with 30k miles.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #5
raetay
1992 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister
8700 for a 89? Crazy talk, even with 30k miles.
Well just for fun if it was you, and the jeep had a mint interior and no rust on the body with the mow miles it had, in your non-attached opinion what would you offer this person who is obviously nuts for thinking 8700 is a fair asking price, without comeing of as a tire kicker low baller

Unread 02-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raetay View Post
Well just for fun if it was you, and the jeep had a mint interior and no rust on the body with the mow miles it had, in your non-attached opinion what would you offer this person who is obviously nuts for thinking 8700 is a fair asking price, without comeing of as a tire kicker low baller

I'd pay a good 5k for it if I had that much, but I'd explain to them that it's still a 89 XJ not a newer one.
Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
raetay
1992 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phfister

I'd pay a good 5k for it if I had that much, but I'd explain to them that it's still a 89 XJ not a newer one.
Thank you...5 grand is just right I think that's my bottom line on it, or 5500....

Your right it is an old jeep and I will make sure to point out even though the miles are low it is a 23 year old vehicle and things tend to rott and wear away from Having sat so long, but The seller must feel there is lots of value with this jeep being original and stock

Original floor mats and a "perfect" headliner

It has value in one way and then not much value in another, meaning;

It's Originality vs it's age and commonness

I'm trying to find the Inbetween

Unread 02-06-2013, 12:03 PM   #8
haloperformance
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Its one hell of a find, but is almost 25 years old, and not really a collector car. Would i drive the hell out of it? Of course. Would i pay 8 and change? no. As stated it does hold more value, But i doubt its worth what they want.
1991 XJ: 35"s, 4:56s 5.5"LA lift, stretched, locked, skids, caged, high steer, spray paint. I think it was stock at one point.
<-1978 CJ5 parts - click on my classified
haloperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #9
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he got $8700 for it. I wouldn't pay it, but there are absolutely people out there who would.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #10
raetay
1992 FSJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge
I wouldn't be surprised at all if he got $8700 for it. I wouldn't pay it, but there are absolutely people out there who would.
Yes I feel so too.

And I think that's what this fellow seems to know/ think; I want it badly enough but I can't afford it so basically I'm hopeing to figure out a good number I can push that I can combine with age typical problem. Thank you everyone

Last edited by raetay; 02-06-2013 at 11:49 PM..
Unread 02-07-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
raetay
1992 FSJ Cherokee 

Anyways, thought id let everyone know I am going down island on Friday to be there for Saturday morning,

I plan to have a mechanic ready to look it over and do an 80 point inspection,

My max cap is 6000 it's all I got sadly,

I hope we can make a deal

Thank you everyone for your help I will let you know how the sale goes and what the mechanics opinion is

Cheers
Unread 02-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #12
raetay
1992 FSJ Cherokee 

Update**

Met the fellow at a local Starbucks and chatted for very shortly About the vehicle.

The interior was in great shape

Wouldn't move 50$ on the price,
Sadly had to walk away

Unread 02-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #13
robtco99
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Eh he can keep it for that price.

On a side note I thought that all the limiteds those years had the gold or silver honeycomb/mesh wheels?
Unread 02-09-2013, 11:43 PM   #14
raetay
1992 FSJ Cherokee 

Yeah I don't know 100% on the rims thing...and yeah sadly he can keep it,

I looked around at car dealer ships while I was down in nanaimo bc here and there was a really nice 2010 jeep grand Cherokee for around 19,000 apparently it's a 50,000 new vehicle it only had 30xx on it....

On Topic Though

I must say, that jeeps interior was in excellent shape; very very clean it was unreal, I'm glad i got to see what a jeep would of looked like being rolled of the Lott

Since it seemed to be limited trim the interior was power everything leather steering wheel with leather horn button The gauges were different ad alot neater looking. Leather front seats and back bench seats and a roll out vinyl cover for the back cargo space. It had everything the jeep would of had when it rolled outta the Lot 23 years ago. I lifted up the bench to see the jack and tools and it had the original tow package wiring/plug ins under it. The engine was really clean and none of the rubber and plastic was becoming brittle or cracking there was an obvious leak but that is really nothing. He was very strict on price and was quick to end the conversation I must have said something wrong or gave off the impression I was planning on buying at first sight.

Since a jeep was my first vehicle at 18 and I'm 20 now I keep leaving my jeep cause its so rough for other random private buys but ending up having to come back to the jeep because even though its high mileage and its been beat on, the damn thing just won't die

Keeps on going, I hate it cause its a beater but its reliable

Definition of a love hate relationship

It was so sad to let it go... I mentioned price negotiation and said he'd rather keep it and said "we were done here" he came off slightly as a dick, totally insulted I wouldn't pay full price and in the emails he almost insinuated that i was buying and make sure to bring cash as he only accepts it. Maybe I went wrong about my emails.

To be honest I'm going to email back after a week or two and see if he is still interested in selling and possibly might be more reluctant as time goes buy and no ones scoops it up.

But it's nice I wouldn't be surprised if it was sold by then , anyways there it is cheers everybody

Unread 02-10-2013, 07:43 AM   #15
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Eh, if I had an 89 Limited that I'd kept in that condition for 23 years I'd be extremely hesitant to sell it to some 20 year old kid.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.