15x8"-4.5" Backspacing Question. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 15x8"-4.5" Backspacing Question.

WJ Modular Recovery & Bull Bar Relocation PackagesRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 02-23-2014, 06:02 PM   #1
JEEPNON
2000 XJ Cherokee 

15x8"-4.5" Backspacing Question.

I'm about to order new rims and rubbers and I have had rims with15x8" and 4" b.s. and I'm wondering if 15x8"s with 4.5" b.s. will be the better option. I'm not sure that it won't rub the lca at full turn. Will someone who has ran this rim size and b.s. with 31s please let me know your experiences. It would be great if someone had a pic of this setup from the front or rear. It seems like the 4.5 b.s. will be able to stuff the tires into the fenders better and cause less stress to the bearings.

Please do not reply if you haven't ran 15x8 with 4.5 B.S.

JEEPNON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 06:26 PM   #2
chris87xj
Jeepaholic

1987 XJ Cherokee 

Tire width is also a factor in this equation. You'd be good up to 10.5" with those tims.

"You can set my jeep on fire and roll it down a hill,
But I still wouldn't trade it for a Coupe DeVille."

JeepForum.com/IndyORV@Redbird-SRA
COTY 2009

Congratulations Teeeejay the March COTM!
chris87xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 07:22 PM   #3
VegasGT
Bolt Snapper

1999 XJ Cherokee 

While I dont have a good pic, I did run 15x8 w/ 4.5" bs and 31" Trxus MT's (measured to actual 31") on my 01 I had several years ago. I eventually trimmed the fenders as I really began to wheel it (only 3" lift with barely 2.5" out back). Had no other issues out of the setup though, no LCA rubbing or anything.

July 2013 COTM
VegasGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 09:39 PM   #4
JEEPNON
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I appreciate it Vegas. I am at about 4" lift front and rear and I was running some used rims 15x8- 4" inch B.S. It was alright but at full stuff the front would rub the flares slightly. The rims have seen better days. I am trying to keep my fenders and new tires in one piece until I can get cut out flares, adj. bumpstops, and 33s. Chris87- I finally just looked everywhere at like fifteen different lift companies and they claim 15x8 with 4-4.75 will work with everything up to and including 33/12.50/R15. Its strange though cause I seen a guy on here who bought 4.75 B.S. wheels and he had to get wheel spacers. I may just go back with 15x8 with 4" B.S. because after I get the tires mounted I can't return them. Thanks ya'll.
JEEPNON is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.