01 Cherokee seat - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Cherokee & Comanche Forums > XJ Cherokee Non-Technical Forum > 01 Cherokee seat

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-11-2012, 10:09 AM   #1
hpredico
2001 XJ Cherokee 

01 Cherokee seat

I just got my Cherokee and love it, but would like a little more leg room. I have heard of the Big Boy Brackets but I emailed the company and they said the brackets wouldnt fit my Jeep. Anyone have ideas on how to move the seats back about 3-5 inches?

hpredico is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 05:33 AM   #2
Rockdrummer93
Web Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

the problem with the 97+ cherokees like ours is the front seat cross member. The only way to move the seat back I can think of is by moving the that cross member, which is a lot of work. Ive had to do it on my comanche swap and getting that thing off is a pain in the ***. Unless you can come up with some way to alter the seat bracket itself.

2001 XJ, 6" Lift, Long Arms, 35" STTs, 4.88s, Stretched, Shock Hoops, Chromoly'ed Dana 44, Locked HP30, 1-Ton OTK Steering, Frame Stiffeners, Rocker Guards, OR-Fab Bumper, Lights, Flowmaster.
COTM July 2012

Build Thread

1999 MJ: Leveled, 33x10.5 KM2s: SOLD

Build Thread

OffroadSC
Rockdrummer93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
Motorcharge
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Power or manual seats? Not sure if this is true on XJ powered seats, but most tend to give more leg room and they can drop down lower and tend to pull back some when they do. Could swap in some powered seats if that's the case.

WANTED: YJ Rollbar - PM for details.
Motorcharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2012, 07:35 PM   #4
hpredico
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Its the manual seats.
hpredico is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leg room , seats

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.