YJ Gas Filler Mod - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > YJ Gas Filler Mod

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
alexs93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

YJ Gas Filler Mod

I know a lot of guys have moved their YJ filler from behind the license plate to behind the wheel well like the TJ has. Does any one know if it is possible to move it to in front of the wheel well like the old Willy's has?

There'd be no advantage to moving it way up there vice doing it "TJ style" other than "older style" look. I've been searching around and can only find YJ-TJ filler mods. Anyone know if it's been done or even possible due to different tank locations?

alexs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

The old willys had the tank under the seat so it made sense. With a wrangler, it's probably possible, but will be a job.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 09:39 PM   #3
alexs93
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I know they were under the seat and it would be an...interesting...project, just wondering if anyone on here has bothered going that route
alexs93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 02:26 AM   #4
Michaelgoesrawr
Web Wheeler

1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexs93
I know they were under the seat and it would be an...interesting...project, just wondering if anyone on here has bothered going that route
Never saw anything like that in the YJ section. It wouldn't be worth all of the work IMO.
Unread 05-05-2013, 04:59 AM   #5
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Somewhere in the history of my '47 Willys, someone went the other way. They moved the tank from under the seat to the back (sort of like a Wrangler) and moved the filler as well. They put a heater under the seat.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.