The wrong type of buyer? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > The wrong type of buyer?

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-16-2013, 06:14 PM   #1
kllrbee
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The wrong type of buyer?

Hey guys
Not sure im in the right section... I usually just go to this one automatically.
First off id like to say this is NOT a classified ad.

I have recently run into a lil bit of a money prob.....not too bad but stretching.
So I was contemplating selling my jeep.

I put an ad on craiglist and put it out in front of my house with a for sale sign on it (i live on a major route so it gets lots of exposure).

Well ive been getting plenty of interest but it seems like its all from people who know nothing about jeeps. I try to explain to them some of the work that I have done and they just look at me clueless.

For instance....explaining about having a custom rear drveshaft, sye, and uca, s for the right angle to eliminatewobbles.

I almost feel like if I were to sell it to the wrong person, all my work in trying to do things the right way would be wasted. Is it wrong to want to sell it to someone who will appreciate the work ive done as opposed to someone who just thinks it looks cool?

Or if they have the money....then who cares?

Just looking for your guys opinions.
Thnx
's

Unread 06-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
afusco1222
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Just sell it.
afusco1222 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
MikeGordon
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Option B. --if they have the money...then who cares?
MikeGordon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Few first-time Jeep buyers know anything about them until they've owned them for a while. I wouldn't be picky about who buys it, just sell it to the best offer cash buyer.

However, be aware there are some scams out there where they give you a money order for the entire amount which you deposit without apparent difficulty. The $$$ shows up in your account so you sign the pink slip over to the new buyer & they drive off with it. Everything is fine until a week or two later your bank informs you the money order was no good/fraudulent and the bank then withdraws the $$$ back out of your account. You're screwed at that point, both the $$$ and Jeep are gone. I'd accept nothing but cash.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #5
bniedert

2000 TJ Wrangler 

if they have the money....then who cares
2001 XJ 4.0 Auto
bniedert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 07:01 PM   #6
2Five22
2013 JK Wrangler 

You should be selling your Jeep as a transportation commodity. Trying to sell it as a work of automotive engineering is rather pointless to the vast majority of buyers.

When you buy a house, do you like the floor plan and how it would fit into your life or do you want the realtor to quiz you about a specific loading ratio of rise/run cantilever trusses and the sine wave function of 50/60 Hz alternating current?

Find out what the potential buyer wants and adapt your sales message to that.

I am just the chauffeur.
2Five22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

If they have cash let them have it.
Unread 06-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #8
kllrbee
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thnx guys

You make good points.

I think I may just be trying to talk myself out of selling it....lol.

I appreciate the advice!
Unread 06-16-2013, 07:37 PM   #9
RIPNBST
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
However, be aware there are some scams out there where they give you a money order for the entire amount which you deposit without apparent difficulty. The $$$ shows up in your account so you sign the pink slip over to the new buyer & they drive off with it. Everything is fine until a week or two later your bank informs you the money order was no good/fraudulent and the bank then withdraws the $$$ back out of your account. You're screwed at that point. I'd accept nothing but cash.
Are you serious? I'd be suing my bank for pulling that sh*t. If they call me two weeks after the funds show in my account and then pull it they'd hear from a lawyer. It's up to them To verify legitimacy prior to putting the funds in my account. That's what putting the funds in my account means. It means it cleared.

To OP, sell it to whoever pays you what you want for it first whether they keep calling it a Bronco or show up in a Jeep more built than yours.
RIPNBST is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #10
Necko2529
2003 TJ Wrangler 

OP, are you really trying to sell it? Is it like a pet you have to let go but you just can't bring your self to it and are looking for any kind of excuse not to... If you're going to have nightmares after you sell it, just keep it and try to sail through the rough times. I wish you all the luck.

Anybody can take advice if it doesn't interfere with their plan.

[B]RIP "Prescott 19"[/B] Prescott Fire Department
Necko2529 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
JEK3
Web Wheeler

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPNBST View Post

Are you serious? I'd be suing my bank for pulling that sh*t. If they call me two weeks after the funds show in my account and then pull it they'd hear from a lawyer. It's up to them To verify legitimacy prior to putting the funds in my account. That's what putting the funds in my account means. It means it cleared.
Actually, the law states that they have to make the funds available to you in a reasonable amount of time (usually a week). Unfortunately, it often takes longer than a week for money orders, foreign checks, etc., to clear. If the bank waits until the check actually clears, they are violating the law and will get fined heavily. If they make the funds available, then tell you the check didn't clear, you can't sue them as they did nothing wrong by law. Sucks, but that's reality.
JEK3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #12
Xpress
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Case in point, only deal in cash and with your firearm within close proximity.

-1989 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L, soon to be 5.2L
-1996 Jeep Grand Cherokar 5.2L, donor and rainy day driver
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
[QUOTE=mudsweatNgearz;21162729]Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.[/QUOTE]
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the [B][I]RIGHT[/I][/B] of the people to keep and bear Arms, [B][I]SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED[/I][/B]."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #13
joe108
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Cash only. Sounds like your emotionally attached, don't be, there will be other jeeps (girlfriends etc.) that will be better than the last...sell it if you must and move on.
joe108 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #14
baritone_mike
1988 YJ Wrangler 

If you are worried about the Jeep's new home you should not be selling it. If you need the money, just sell it to the first person with cash in hand, even if they roll up in a chromed out H2 sitting on 31's (wheels not tires) with a 16 year old student driver that will roll it in a week.
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #15
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Couple pointers about selling a jeep.

1) Do transactions inside the bank so that the teller can verify the cash is not fraudulent. There are also tons of cameras outside a bank so meeting there to buy a vehicle is also advantageous.

2) Refer new owner to JF where they can learn to appreciate the sweat of your brow.
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.