JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Wrangler General Discussion (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/)
-   -   The wrong type of buyer? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/wrong-type-buyer-1537337/)

kllrbee 06-16-2013 06:14 PM

The wrong type of buyer?

Hey guys
Not sure im in the right section... I usually just go to this one automatically.
First off id like to say this is NOT a classified ad.

I have recently run into a lil bit of a money prob.....not too bad but stretching.
So I was contemplating selling my jeep.

I put an ad on craiglist and put it out in front of my house with a for sale sign on it (i live on a major route so it gets lots of exposure).

Well ive been getting plenty of interest but it seems like its all from people who know nothing about jeeps. I try to explain to them some of the work that I have done and they just look at me clueless.

For instance....explaining about having a custom rear drveshaft, sye, and uca, s for the right angle to eliminatewobbles.

I almost feel like if I were to sell it to the wrong person, all my work in trying to do things the right way would be wasted. Is it wrong to want to sell it to someone who will appreciate the work ive done as opposed to someone who just thinks it looks cool?

Or if they have the money....then who cares?

Just looking for your guys opinions.
Thnx
's

afusco1222 06-16-2013 06:17 PM

Just sell it.

MikeGordon 06-16-2013 06:18 PM

Option B. --if they have the money...then who cares?

Jerry Bransford 06-16-2013 06:21 PM

Few first-time Jeep buyers know anything about them until they've owned them for a while. I wouldn't be picky about who buys it, just sell it to the best offer cash buyer.

However, be aware there are some scams out there where they give you a money order for the entire amount which you deposit without apparent difficulty. The $$$ shows up in your account so you sign the pink slip over to the new buyer & they drive off with it. Everything is fine until a week or two later your bank informs you the money order was no good/fraudulent and the bank then withdraws the $$$ back out of your account. You're screwed at that point, both the $$$ and Jeep are gone. I'd accept nothing but cash.

bniedert 06-16-2013 06:25 PM

if they have the money....then who cares

2Five22 06-16-2013 07:01 PM

You should be selling your Jeep as a transportation commodity. Trying to sell it as a work of automotive engineering is rather pointless to the vast majority of buyers.

When you buy a house, do you like the floor plan and how it would fit into your life or do you want the realtor to quiz you about a specific loading ratio of rise/run cantilever trusses and the sine wave function of 50/60 Hz alternating current?

Find out what the potential buyer wants and adapt your sales message to that.

tjcj 06-16-2013 07:03 PM

If they have cash let them have it.

kllrbee 06-16-2013 07:17 PM

Thnx guys

You make good points.

I think I may just be trying to talk myself out of selling it....lol.

I appreciate the advice!

RIPNBST 06-16-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford (Post 15569458)
However, be aware there are some scams out there where they give you a money order for the entire amount which you deposit without apparent difficulty. The $$$ shows up in your account so you sign the pink slip over to the new buyer & they drive off with it. Everything is fine until a week or two later your bank informs you the money order was no good/fraudulent and the bank then withdraws the $$$ back out of your account. You're screwed at that point. I'd accept nothing but cash.

Are you serious? I'd be suing my bank for pulling that sh*t. If they call me two weeks after the funds show in my account and then pull it they'd hear from a lawyer. It's up to them To verify legitimacy prior to putting the funds in my account. That's what putting the funds in my account means. It means it cleared.

To OP, sell it to whoever pays you what you want for it first whether they keep calling it a Bronco or show up in a Jeep more built than yours.

Necko2529 06-16-2013 09:39 PM

OP, are you really trying to sell it? Is it like a pet you have to let go but you just can't bring your self to it and are looking for any kind of excuse not to... If you're going to have nightmares after you sell it, just keep it and try to sail through the rough times. I wish you all the luck.

JEK3 06-16-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RIPNBST (Post 15569742)

Are you serious? I'd be suing my bank for pulling that sh*t. If they call me two weeks after the funds show in my account and then pull it they'd hear from a lawyer. It's up to them To verify legitimacy prior to putting the funds in my account. That's what putting the funds in my account means. It means it cleared.

Actually, the law states that they have to make the funds available to you in a reasonable amount of time (usually a week). Unfortunately, it often takes longer than a week for money orders, foreign checks, etc., to clear. If the bank waits until the check actually clears, they are violating the law and will get fined heavily. If they make the funds available, then tell you the check didn't clear, you can't sue them as they did nothing wrong by law. Sucks, but that's reality.

Xpress 06-16-2013 10:20 PM

Case in point, only deal in cash and with your firearm within close proximity.

joe108 06-16-2013 11:08 PM

Cash only. Sounds like your emotionally attached, don't be, there will be other jeeps (girlfriends etc.) that will be better than the last...sell it if you must and move on.

baritone_mike 06-16-2013 11:52 PM

If you are worried about the Jeep's new home you should not be selling it. If you need the money, just sell it to the first person with cash in hand, even if they roll up in a chromed out H2 sitting on 31's (wheels not tires) with a 16 year old student driver that will roll it in a week.

Anticanman 06-17-2013 12:05 AM

Couple pointers about selling a jeep.

1) Do transactions inside the bank so that the teller can verify the cash is not fraudulent. There are also tons of cameras outside a bank so meeting there to buy a vehicle is also advantageous.

2) Refer new owner to JF where they can learn to appreciate the sweat of your brow.

The time now is 01:58 PM.