Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Wreck... Question about trac/sway bars?

751 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  YJ89jeepTX 
#1 ·
Ok guys yesterday a girl ran a red light and I t-boned her. No body damage from the looks of it. But my right front shock and spring are torn to hell. I don't have any of my trac bars or my sway bar hooked up. When the adjuster/mechanics whoever go to look at it, will I get in trouble for this?

#2 ·
Why don't you have the trackbars hooked up? The sway bars I wouldn't know why it would be a problem but they should be connected while on the road for handling shake. The track bar centers the axle, how could your drive straight with out it connected?

#5 ·
The adjuster is not a state vehicle inspector he is there to verify the damage and determine a cost estimate to repair it. Considering it is her insurance that should be paying for the repairs any modifications should have no effect on the estimate.

Rick

#7 ·
If you have removed factory equipment, whether or not other YJ owners believe it, there is a lot of room for a LEGAL argument that you operated an unsafe vehicle, and therefore had an accident that could otherwise have been avoided.

Chances are good the adjuster won't even notice. But...

If possible, I'd hook 'em back up before the adjuster looks at it.

LEGAL... meaning no relation to reality. Please do not jump up and down shaking an e-wang to explain how a part Jeep though was worth spending money on is unneeded. I don't care, and it's not relevant to the OP question.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.