Wrangling - Buy The Best Jeep Ever - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Wrangling - Buy The Best Jeep Ever

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 04-19-2013, 06:28 PM   #1
diddy2003
1984 CJ7 

Wrangling - Buy The Best Jeep Ever

When the YJ Wrangler first hit dealer showrooms in 1986, it was the Jeep that many CJ owners loved to hate. Ourselves included. But once we got over ourselves, the square headlights, and the lack of “CJ” in the model name, we found a fairly capable Jeep underneath.

More than 25 years later, Jeep is still making Wranglers, and we’ve lived the whole thing. Now if you are new to Jeeps, or just looking to buy your first, it is hard to go wrong with a Wrangler. But with over two decades of them to choose from, the pros and cons of each could take you forever to figure out. And asking a car salesman is akin to talking to a politician: they are just going to tell you what they think you want to hear…and ultimately, what best suits them, not you.

Unlike our school years, we actually paid attention to the years of Wranglers and have amassed a lot of information about them. Not only that, but we’ve owned a whole passel of them as well. So who better to help you unravel the mysteries of the Wranglers than us? Read on, intrepid shopper.

Read more: http://www.jpmagazine.com/featuredve...#ixzz2QxVJCjzL

diddy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 04:58 AM   #2
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

Good reading!
Proud that my jeep is of AMC design
Unread 04-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
gunut
2013 JK Wrangler 

I worked for AMC from 73-76.....but most of the time I was putting back windows in Gremlins....
gunut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy2003 View Post
When the YJ Wrangler first hit dealer showrooms in 1986, it was the Jeep that many CJ owners loved to hate. Ourselves included. But once we got over ourselves, the square headlights, and the lack of “CJ” in the model name, we found a fairly capable Jeep underneath.

More than 25 years later, Jeep is still making Wranglers, and we’ve lived the whole thing. Now if you are new to Jeeps, or just looking to buy your first, it is hard to go wrong with a Wrangler. But with over two decades of them to choose from, the pros and cons of each could take you forever to figure out. And asking a car salesman is akin to talking to a politician: they are just going to tell you what they think you want to hear…and ultimately, what best suits them, not you.

Unlike our school years, we actually paid attention to the years of Wranglers and have amassed a lot of information about them. Not only that, but we’ve owned a whole passel of them as well. So who better to help you unravel the mysteries of the Wranglers than us? Read on, intrepid shopper.

Read more: http://www.jpmagazine.com/featuredve...#ixzz2QxVJCjzL
Read that article in JP mag last month :-)
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:22 AM   #5
jay-h
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I get JP on my Kindle. Pretty much go through the whole thing as soon as it arrives on my screen.

The recent series of articles explaining the differences, the strengths and weaknesses in the different model years was very informative.

wife's toys
97 Grand Cherokee (ZJ)
87 MB 560SL roadster
jay-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:25 PM   #6
Trespasser
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nice article!

That is the most detailed chronology of model years I've seen on the internet.
Trespasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:03 AM   #7
Rproject
Web Wheeler

1987 YJ Wrangler 

Well timed article, considering that we're looking at adding another Wrangler to our family sometime over the next couple months.

Thanks for sharing!

The "sideways" build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/r...hread-2164793/
Rproject is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 06:56 AM   #8
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

The Rubicon 241 case didn't come with a "factory slip-yoke eliminator." It came with a fixed rear output yoke. And the Rubicon rocker guards weren't aluminum.....

Otherwise, decent article.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.