Wrangler v Power Wagon v GC - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Wrangler v Power Wagon v GC

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 08-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #1
diver110
2009 WK 

Wrangler v Power Wagon v GC

There was a thread from 2010 on a Rubicon v a Power Wagon. Right now I have Jeep GC Overland with the hemi and QDII. It turns out there will be an RV in my future. The GC can only tow a light travel trailer, the Power Wagon can tow something like an additional 3000 pounds. I offroad with the GC and mostly keep up with my Wrangler buddies. QDII is an amazing system. I wheel mostly on the east coast where things can be fairly tight. Then again, I stay off super techncal stuff. I guess my bottom line question is whether the Power Wagon will let me wheel most places out east given its size and wheel base compared to the GC.

Unread 08-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #2
grogie
Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would think a Power Wagon would take you anywhere you'd take your WK. As always, depends on how much your value you paint?

One time I was at a local off-road park playing in some lower woods. Several full size trucks followed me down which I quickly lost them as I could fit through the trees easier. But if you want the truck, get it. I've driven a RAM and I think they're a lot of fun.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 12:22 AM   #3
TRAUMAhead
2010 JK Wrangler 

Paging Hilldweller. IIRC he went from a JK to a Power Wagon.
TRAUMAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 08:30 PM   #4
MoparToYou
2013 JK Wrangler 

I've use this Ram pickup truck as a tow vehicle. It is a basic ST trim level 2500 Crew Cab 4x4 with a limited slip rear differential, 2.5" lift, and 35" tires. The 35" tires made a world of difference for off road use, because with the stock tires it would get stuck on wet grass. Still, this truck is huge, and I think you would be hard pressed to take it down anything less than an improved road. I thought about a Power Wagon as well, but decided it wouldn't fit where I would want to take it, and the Cummins truck tows sooooo much better.

MoparToYou is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.