Wrangler Extreme Gear Shift Jerking Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Wrangler Extreme Gear Shift Jerking Problem

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 07-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
TerryG

Wrangler Extreme Gear Shift Jerking Problem

I have a automatic 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. My Jeep has this weird problem were it feels like it is changing gears, but it jerks so hard that it feels as if it is pulling backwards. I have noticed it do this when it is changing gears and also when I am excellerating and it is not changing gears. The Jeep does this at random times and I can not get it to recreate the problem on ride-alongs with the technicians at the dealership (it's still under warranty).

Has anyone heard of this problem? None of my other Jeeps (or other cars) have had this issue. Any ideas on what it could be or a better way I can explain it to the techs at the dealership?

TerryG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

The first thing that comes to my mind is low transmission fluid. Nevertheless, if you're still in warranty, insist that the dealer keep the car for several days, until the problem is discovered.
Unread 07-26-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

or sell it and buy an awesome YJ. Seriously I would do what ^^^^^he said

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.