Wow! JK Rollover story - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Wow! JK Rollover story

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #1
ixxi
2009 JK Wrangler 

Wow! JK Rollover story

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=40983

Check it out, driver is damn lucky after that

ixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 12:34 PM   #2
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cliff notes? From what I gather, guy rolls his JK, posts on forum that he needs help and people come to rescue? Great story, too much reading for me.
Unread 02-25-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
Alexia
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Yeti_ View Post
Cliff notes? From what I gather, guy rolls his JK, posts on forum that he needs help and people come to rescue? Great story, too much reading for me.
Go to page #23.

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 01:49 PM   #4
GPV
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia View Post
Go to page #23.
Thanks

2008 Jeep JK Rubicon Unlimited (Bought for Wife)
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax (Work Horse)
1982 Honda CB 900F Supersport
2001 Honda RC51
GPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
SeanCucf
2002 TJ Wrangler 

what a crappy feeling when it starts to roll and you feel it crest the ridge....just hang on.
SeanCucf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #6
LandoCommando
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Go to page #23.
Thats where the action is

Oh the irony.
LandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #7
ixxi
2009 JK Wrangler 

That poor JK =(

Hope i never have to experience a rollover
ixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 06:54 PM   #8
Axl Jack
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I rolled my Heep over in Canada in 2001. We used the jack to flip it back over.

Jack it up on the roll bars.... pile a bunch of flat rocks next to jack. Lower jack so roll bars rest on rocks. Then put a few flat rocks under jack and repeat process until we had the Jeep at a good enough angle where we could tip it back over ourselves.

took a long time, but works!
You know you drive a YJ when it is no longer getting older, but slowly becoming brand new part by part.
Axl Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:20 PM   #9
SmashinTJs
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That is amazing.... if i came across that on here id get involved

TJ TECH BOOT CAMP: READ IF NEW

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/
Help us form the JF Search and Rescue Team
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/jf-rescue-704069/
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Is that bumper weighted to keep you from catching air at highway speed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthWhiteWolf View Post
Well no (why would it) :confused:
Quote:
Originally Posted by scavanau View Post
Because I think your fender flares could easily pass for wings
SmashinTJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:25 PM   #10
_Yeti_
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Go to page #23.
Thanks. Wow, he is a lucky man. I am glad it worked out for him and insurance helped out.
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:28 PM   #11
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

wow...just wow
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2009, 11:34 PM   #12
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

He was very lucky, but it just goes to show you how much of a community that you get yourself in when you buy a jeep. People that he didnt even know spent the whole day into the night to get his jeep out and to make it out there to make sure that he was okay. It makes me happy that i got a jeep, jeepers are clearly the best kind of folks out there. Great job guys

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2009, 07:00 AM   #13
0II0
KF4VGI

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Wow what an article...That is a true jeep club. I would love to see something like this in JF maybe organized under the state or regional links since I would have no shot of helping in AZ when I live in NC. There used to be a club called Jeep Rescue .org. It was a group of volunteers across the us who would assist in SAR missions for local law enforcement agencies who did not have alot of resources. Sadly I think it went under due to fears of liability issues if someone did get hurt. It is a said day when people get discouraged to help due to folks who will sue your pants off your kids for trying to be a good American.

We would need to set up an alert system for varying degrees of help needed. Then an email or text message to go to responders phones and email accounts. As well as setting a CB or ham radio channel for member to meet up on once in the area and responding.

Just brainstorming...love the idea.. I pitched something similar to the Carolina Jeepsters after I saw the video on the net about jeepers using there vehicle in sever weather to get emergency workers into the hospitals. The answer I got was we don't need to do that because it never snows here. Then about a month ago it did snow and Raleigh was looking for people to drive.
Unread 02-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #14
Billy13
1997 TJ Wrangler 

The jeep community is awesome
Unread 02-27-2009, 02:34 PM   #15
jinx44
1997 TJ Wrangler 

That's cool

Sort of reminds me of an ATV forum I was on several years ago. A guy was out on his several thousand acre ranch, and was bitten by a poisonous snake. He knew he didn't have time to drive out and to a hospital, and of course had no cell service. He did however have satellite internet connection and his laptop and made a post to the forum asking someone to call the area emergency responders and send them via helicopter. They made it and he got the help he needed.
35X12.50 Xterrains
jinx44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.