Would you go rather with a 4d than a 2d? - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Would you go rather with a 4d than a 2d?

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 06-06-2012, 03:31 PM   #61
Williamlv282
2010 JK Wrangler 

I think it's just an older person thing. Not saying that in a negative way either.

When my dad (54) and I (19) went to the Jeep lot, he was in love with every 4dr model they had to offer. I on the other hand, could not stand them and desperately wanted a 2dr model.

Well, long story short we found the only Rubicon on the lot, and it was a 2dr, so we bought it. I love it to death but my dad constantly *****es about the lack of storage space and never fails to point out a 4dr model that he "could have had."
It's ultimately up to your tastes and preferences. If it doesn't make you happy, then there is no point in owning it.

Williamlv282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #62
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms5490renegade View Post
if you will have 2 or more people continuously riding with you, get a 4 door.
if you dont, get a 2 door. the 4 door is such a big craze right now but they have limitations.
How about the rock ledge drops that the 4-doors can handle but the 2-doors need four people and a tow strap hooked onto the rear bumper to prevent it from doing a hood-plant???

It is only common sense to realize that a physical difference in the four-door and the 2-door will result in one being better than the other in certain situations.

I think that everybody is entitled to their own personal opinion and everybody has different needs. The addition of the four-door to the Wrangler line has just added more options for Wrangler owners. As for myself, I have a family who enjoys coming along for offroad trips. We couldn't do that in a 2-door. If it were only me and the honey, we could have went with the 2-door, but I still think that I'd prefer the 4-door anyhow. Especially when you can lower the rear seats for extra room.

Bottom line, everybody will have their own reason for getting either a 2-door or a 4-door - and nobody else has a right to tell them that they're wrong for it. Enjoy your Wranglers!
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 04:02 PM   #63
waterboarder
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreso View Post
I am thinking about changing my TJ and I cannt decide what to go for. the 4d or the 2d. This is just way to hard for me. Can you help me out?
Under no circumstances would I buy a 2-door, other than the price being ridiculously cheap, like under $10K for a Rubicon or something along those lines. It would have to be cheap enough that I could buy it in addition to a 4-door.
waterboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 04:24 PM   #64
Bengals1
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm a 2 door fan. If I was looking for a well equipped 4 door, might as well get a grand Cherokee.
Bengals1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #65
DBA2GO
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1 View Post
I'm a 2 door fan. If I was looking for a well equipped 4 door, might as well get a grand Cherokee.
So, you mall crawl your 2 door? If not, you'd know the difference between a Grand Cherokee and a Wrangler 4 door.

This is such a funny thread.
Unread 06-07-2012, 06:34 AM   #66
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Wife gets the 4 door you get a 2 door.
is what I did.
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #67
SloPokTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I've got an 04 TJ RME, and i already know i', Getting the 4 door rubi for my next buy. More Room for the dogs and camping gear. Plus it has all the Abilitys of the 2-door. You can just find more hotties to take in a 4 door lol
SloPokTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #68
linusb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

2 door!
1994 YJ Wrangler, 4.0, AX15, NP231, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s, 4" RC lift, 1" lift Boom Shackles, 1" BL, 4.10 gears, 8.8 LSD in rear and D30 Aussie Locker in front, on-board air conversion, Ramsey RE8000 winch.
linusb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.