Would you go rather with a 4d than a 2d? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Would you go rather with a 4d than a 2d?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-11-2010, 09:55 AM   #46
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerking View Post
2d... real Jeeps are 2d Just ribbing all you 4d owners but if I need four doors I have a Grand Cherokee.
Are you saying that a GC will go places that a 4-door unlimited will go?

I sold my TJ when I was expecting my second child and bought a 4 door Wrangler and the difference is night and day. Ride is much better on the road, and I can actually bring some stuff with me wherever I go. I never brought my daughter in my TJ, didn't like the way the back seat was almost at the same level as the body of the Jeep.

Took the 4-door to Rausch Creek last weekend and was shocked at the ability. And once I got used to the LWB I started picking better lines and not having to back up. Just a warning though, if you don't lift it you should get more skids before taking off road. I banged the crap out of all my skids last week.

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 08:48 PM   #47
ms5490renegade
2010 JK Wrangler 

if you will have 2 or more people continuously riding with you, get a 4 door.
if you dont, get a 2 door. the 4 door is such a big craze right now but they have limitations.
2010 JK: RK 3.5 inch lift, KC long range lights on KC brackets, Teraflex front shocks, Bilstein rear shocks, Flowmaster super 44 exhaust, AFE cold air intake, Kicker L7 12", Crunch 1000 watt 2 channel amp, Alpine sound bar speakers.
soon to add: 315-75-16 Dune Grapplers and 16x8 soft 8's
ms5490renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #48
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms5490renegade View Post
if you will have 2 or more people continuously riding with you, get a 4 door.
if you dont, get a 2 door. the 4 door is such a big craze right now but they have limitations.
I thought we discussed the 4door limitations already. There is only one. TURNING RADIUS. I've got both so I'm a disinterested party...I have no bias.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #49
ms5490renegade
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbloyer81 View Post
I thought we discussed the 4door limitations already. There is only one. TURNING RADIUS. I've got both so I'm a disinterested party...I have no bias.
there isnt only one.
overall size is a factor. lower visibility. its like driving a squared pacifica.
more work taking doors off, more work putting the top down.
i have seen some 4door parts more expensive.
i've seen 4doors get stuck on things i cake walked on stock.
i havent been stuck in this jeep.

oh and i left out turning radius and breakover angle of a stock patriot
2010 JK: RK 3.5 inch lift, KC long range lights on KC brackets, Teraflex front shocks, Bilstein rear shocks, Flowmaster super 44 exhaust, AFE cold air intake, Kicker L7 12", Crunch 1000 watt 2 channel amp, Alpine sound bar speakers.
soon to add: 315-75-16 Dune Grapplers and 16x8 soft 8's
ms5490renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 12:56 PM   #50
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Interesting-

Quote:
there isnt only one.
overall size is a factor. lower visibility. its like driving a squared pacifica.

Size may be a factor, although there is no measurable lack of visaility in comparison to the 2dr

I don't even know what a squared pacifica is

I don't take my doors or top off-

Yes, it costs more to buy 4 doors, than it does two-

I've seen a ranger drive his stock JKU Rubi to help CJ's/YJ's on the Rubicon

I haven't been stuck in my JKU either-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 01:06 PM   #51
Bricetrine
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacK87 View Post
I went with a 2dr Rubicon my second time around because I'm not married and I have no kids. And I don't have to sit back there :x
Me too, and it leaves more room in my garage.
Bricetrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 01:38 PM   #52
Dronac
2008 JK Wrangler 

I like the two door. Less doors to hassle with when taking them off, and it feels more open air with the top off and windows down.
Dronac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 01:48 PM   #53
dirtyjpwrangler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by planman View Post
X2.

That is what we did...and son drives the old TJ.

Wife's daily driver:

My daily driver:

Son's daily driver:

PLEASE ADOPT MEEEEE
Unread 10-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #54
VICTIM_OF_PAIN
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronac View Post
I like the two door. Less doors to hassle with when taking them off, and it feels more open air with the top off and windows down.

Now how would you know that? Wouldn't removing 4 doors as opposed to 2 create more of an open air feel with the top down?

***Nevermind, I see you wrote with the windows down....

[B]Ex - 2001 Wrangler, 2" BB, 32" BGF AT's. JKS Quicker Disconnects, Oil Pan Skid, Steering Box Skid. Hard Top, Soft Top, Safari Top, Olympic Mountaineer Rack.[/B][/COLOR]

Current - 2008 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon. Rock Krawler Stock Mod 2.5" lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-Windows, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Rugged Ridge E-Disco Skid, and a Skid Row Evap Canister Skid plate.

[B]It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool.... than to open it and remove all doubt[/B].
VICTIM_OF_PAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #55
dirtyjpwrangler
2008 JK Wrangler 

4 door = same engine as 2 door + 700lbs of added weight

...just something to consider. 4 door isn't as peppy as 2 door.
Unread 10-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #56
Washi
Rockbiter

2009 JK Wrangler 

3dr! I am drooling over the new 3dr hatchback compass rubicon!!! It will also be the test base for the Fiat Diesel for upcoming Wranglers!
Washi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 03:02 PM   #57
Ajaxxx
2010 JK Wrangler 

Don't think these were mentioned yet, but 4 door is more stable in snow/ice road driving/cornering. 4 door also has better resell-ability because it appeals to more potential buyers. 4 door was lower insurance rate for me vs. 2 door due to classification with my insurance company. Better towing handling vs. 2 door.

Still depends on why a person is buying a Wrangler, budget, etc...

IowaAndy
Ajaxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #58
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
there isnt only one.

Well, I sense some disdain with the minivan rhetoric so I'm not going to engage any of your points. Besides, you've got your mind made up. However, I have a silver four door and I wheel the Rockies. If you're ever in Denver post here and we'll go wheeling. It'll be a good time. You can show me where I can't go and I'll lead the way. Happy Wheeling.

Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2010, 04:06 PM   #59
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Why does every topic like this have to turn into a my dad can beat up your dad type of women's beetch fest?

Get what you want, have fun...that simple.
Unread 06-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #60
chaserLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I have a 2006 LJ, and I wasn't sure if I wanted the two or the four door either... I went with the 2 door cause I figured I don't have a family or kids. I love it
chaserLJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.