Would you go rather with a 4d than a 2d? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Would you go rather with a 4d than a 2d?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 10-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #16
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by allibaster View Post
I felt the 2 DR would be more manageable in terms of turning, maneuvering through trees and rocks, and even getting into parking spots.

I'm a 4DR hater, though..... Looks like a HUMMER and a minivan got drunk and had a child.
Hater, wait you already said that. NM.

I love my 4 door. I did it differently than the rest though. My wife got the 2 door and I got the 4 door.

Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 10:46 AM   #17
RAZORBILL
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Wife gets the 4 door you get a 2 door.
x3!!

Unread 10-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #18
rgt75
2014 JK Wrangler 

I have an 08 two door and a 10 four door. I personally like driving the 2 door more. The only time the 4 door is better is if your bringing passengers. If I could fabricate a seat latch that worked like the ones on a TJ I'd not have the 4 door at all. It's too much of a nightmare to get kids or anyone for that matter in the back of a 2 door with the top on.
rgt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 12:41 PM   #19
WolfgangGullich
2010 JK Wrangler 

Just do like my wife and I did: we bought the Unlimited Sport last year, and then the Mountain came out and we go that as a two door Unlim's a hard top and 2 door is a softy basically got the best of both worlds
Unread 10-10-2010, 12:47 PM   #20
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

There are more Jeep families than I thought.
Unread 10-10-2010, 12:53 PM   #21
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

I am single and live quietly alone. I don't date and I don't bring people around with me. I still got the four door. My previous Jeep was a YJ. The four door not only gets you more storage and better ride, it has a higher towing capacity. Backing up a trailer with my YJ was a nightmare. With my 4 door JK it is a breeze. The price difference is negligible, at least back in 07. I felt like I was getting more Jeep for my money.
Unread 10-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #22
Maximous
2010 JK Wrangler 

I don't like a 4D wrangler, I feel it takes away from the "jeep" experience. I have had many jeeps, mostly Grand Cherokee's and my 2D Sahara is my first wrangler though I drove the 4D version before I purchased. If I want more room or more pulling capacity I would have bought another Grand, nicer interior, nicer ride and more power.

I bought a 2 door Sahara in Jan 2010... I love it, it is the funnest vehicle I have ever owned and I have had many cars and trucks in my 25 years of driving thus far... no it doesn't ride like a Grand Cherokee which I miss a little but the turning radius of a two door is by itself fantastic. I think the single biggest problem with the Wrangler is it has crap for power and I would think that is exacerbated by the additional weight of a 4 door. I don't know, I am running 3:73's with 35's at the moment so that is part of my issue and I intend to go to 4:88's which may change my opinion on the perceived power.

This is of course just my opinion and others obviously differ but I think at least in my own case that if I wanted a 4 door/bigger vehicle I'd rather have a Grand Cherokee.... yes, if I could afford it I would have and Overland and a Rubicon!

M
Maximous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 03:53 PM   #23
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximous View Post
I don't like a 4D wrangler, I feel it takes away from the "jeep" experience. M
Hopefully you don't mind me asking. Having a four-door and two door I feel I get to experience both. I am curious, though, in your opinion; What is the "Jeep experience"?
Unread 10-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #24
bluegrassguitar
2011 WK 

My son has a 2 dr and says he wishes he had bought a 4 dr. I have a 4 dr and have been very happy with it...
bluegrassguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #25
slimtim454
2010 JK Wrangler 

4 door all the way
slimtim454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 04:37 PM   #26
Maximous
2010 JK Wrangler 

lol, Na, I don't mind at all... the Wrangler to me has always been [I]the[I] Jeep, the convertible 4x4 that was meant to be driven on and off the road. I spend the summer with no top and no doors and to me it is a unique vehicle, a cross between a dirt bike and a Z3 roadster. It's just a generally fun vehicle... nothing too crazy.

I can certainly understand some liking the 4d, it just doesn't suit me...I actually drove a 4d up in Canada on a business trip a while back and I almost didn't buy a wrangler at all because of it. I would highly recommend a buyer driving every different option he is considering. I bought a 2d Sahara and regret not buying a Rubicon which was an option I did not drive. I would really like a very refined version of a Sahara/Rubicon/Overland mix and I'd happily pay another 10k for it, especially if I could buy it from the factory with 35's, lifted and many of the options I'd like to have in a Jeep.

M
Maximous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #27
Unknown303
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have a 2 Door and the wife has a 4 door.
Unknown303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 05:02 PM   #28
NorthRiver

I've liked Wranglers for a long time. Never considered one until the 4 doors came out. The 2 doors just aren't practical enough for me.
NorthRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #29
MattJK09
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gills View Post
Offered a do-over, I'd get a 4-door. My 10 & 8 year-olds have to climb over and between the seats to access the back seat thanks to Chrysler's wonderful passenger-seat mechanism. It's only a matter of time until they get too big to do that comfortably.

If I didn't have kids, I'd probably toss the back seat and keep the 2-door. As it stands though, I'll go 4-door next time!
Same story with me.
Unread 10-10-2010, 05:18 PM   #30
MoparToYou
2014 JK Wrangler 

I've owned several Jeeps over the years, including CJs, YJs, TJs, ZJs, WJs, an XJ, and a KJ. When the four door JK came out I wanted one, and I would still like to own one if they had more performance. I test drove several four door JKs and could not get over their lack of power, so I bought a two door JK that felt a lot more peppy, and was a lot more fun to drive.

We bought my wife a four door Jeep, but one with more giddy up. Her Jeep is a WK (Grand Cherokee) SRT8, with a 425 HP 6.1 Hemi under the hood.

Chrysler is changing to the Pentastar V6 in 2012, and that engine is rated for nearly a hundred horsepower more than the current JK engine. I plan on reconsidering a four door JK when the new engine comes out. There may be a four door JK in my future someday, just not one with the current engine.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.