Would you go rather with a 4d than a 2d? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Would you go rather with a 4d than a 2d?

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-10-2010, 07:41 AM   #1
Dreso
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Would you go rather with a 4d than a 2d?

I am thinking about changing my TJ and I cannt decide what to go for. the 4d or the 2d. This is just way to hard for me. Can you help me out?

Dreso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 07:49 AM   #2
tennistom1
2009 JK Wrangler 

4-dr
Unread 10-10-2010, 08:02 AM   #3
0sevenjk
2007 JK Wrangler 

4 door. More space. Especially with a family.
0sevenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #4
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

They only really stopping me from buying a 4 door was I could only find them in automatic, and I didn't want to wait months for one ordered. I purchased my 2010 in June and was told if I wanted an auto I'd have to wait for a 2011.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #5
gills
2007 JK Wrangler 

Offered a do-over, I'd get a 4-door. My 10 & 8 year-olds have to climb over and between the seats to access the back seat thanks to Chrysler's wonderful passenger-seat mechanism. It's only a matter of time until they get too big to do that comfortably.

If I didn't have kids, I'd probably toss the back seat and keep the 2-door. As it stands though, I'll go 4-door next time!
2007 Sahara - Rescue Green, 2-Door, 6-spd, 4.10 gears & dual tops. AEV 2.5" lift, hood, drop brackets, snorkel & rear slider. Cobra 75 WX XT CB, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Rugged Ridge light bar, hydraulic hood struts, T&T Customs Adventure Series sliders & IPF 968 lights.
Waiting to be installed: River Raider breather extension, and not much else for this year...
gills is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 08:43 AM   #6
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

I went with a 2dr Rubicon my second time around because I'm not married and I have no kids. And I don't have to sit back there :x
I don't want your d**n lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

Mango Tango 2010 JK Wrangler Rubicon
Silver 2000 TJ Wrangler Sport
---
Quote:
The 2008 Jeep Wrangler is not so much an SUV as it is an experience. It's slow and loud, handles poorly, has crummy interior materials and features doors that provide virtually no crash protection. But when it comes to off-road performance, the Wrangler is simply the best choice available.
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 08:59 AM   #7
LIMETIME
2010 JK Wrangler 

It basically comes down to whether or not you plan on using the backseat. Storage is lacking with the two door, so I would rip out the backseat immediately and make it a permanent two seater. If you have kids or plan on hauling people around, get the four door.
Unread 10-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #8
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

It all depends on what your going to use it for.

If you have a large family to tote around or need to carry a lot of extra gear and don't care much for rack systems, a 4 door would be right up your ally

If your only looking tote a lady friend orjust your furry friend, a two door would be perfect. In addition the short wheelbase of the 2 door always has an advantage on the trails due to the steeper breakover angles and its maneuvering capabilities in to tight spots. Not to mention it weighs less so its got a lot more gitty up and go compared to the 4 door.

Personally I'm for 2 doors, but that's mainly because the CJ and Wrangler line's short wheelbase advantages have always out weighed the longer wheelbase vehicles in off-road situations. Which why the Jeep CJ/Wrangler of the past has always been considered one of the best off-roading vehicles out there.

If I really wanted a vehicle with a longer wheelbase I would of gotten a pickup or an SUV.
tavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 09:08 AM   #9
newjk
2008 JK Wrangler 

4 door is a more diverse vehicle, if your philosophy is " better to have and not need" you will be happier with 4 door. more room , better ride and handling on road, more adaptable to more situations in my opinion.
newjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 09:15 AM   #10
tennistom1
2009 JK Wrangler 

No other current vehicles with 4 drs are 'verts. Porsche Panamera is rumored to be making one, would not recommend it for the Rubicon Trail though, but would be terrific for wine-tasting double dates.
Unread 10-10-2010, 09:16 AM   #11
gills
2007 JK Wrangler 

I'm lucky mine's not my DD; would have to be a 4-door if it was!
2007 Sahara - Rescue Green, 2-Door, 6-spd, 4.10 gears & dual tops. AEV 2.5" lift, hood, drop brackets, snorkel & rear slider. Cobra 75 WX XT CB, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Rugged Ridge light bar, hydraulic hood struts, T&T Customs Adventure Series sliders & IPF 968 lights.
Waiting to be installed: River Raider breather extension, and not much else for this year...
gills is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 09:17 AM   #12
allibaster
2013 JK Wrangler 

I felt the 2 DR would be more manageable in terms of turning, maneuvering through trees and rocks, and even getting into parking spots.

I'm a 4DR hater, though..... Looks like a HUMMER and a minivan got drunk and had a child.
Unread 10-10-2010, 09:20 AM   #13
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

Wife gets the 4 door you get a 2 door.
Unread 10-10-2010, 09:26 AM   #14
planman
Thanks to all Mod erators

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtman View Post
Wife gets the 4 door you get a 2 door.
X2.

That is what we did...and son drives the old TJ.

Wife's daily driver:

My daily driver:

Son's daily driver:

planman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2010, 09:28 AM   #15
USICE
2012 JK Wrangler 

Bought a 2dr in 2008, sold it and bought a 4dr in 2010. 4 door so much better!
USICE is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.