Would you do this?(Not Tech JF) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Would you do this?(Not Tech JF)

Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-29-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Would you do this?(Not Tech JF)

Not tech,I know.I can't take it much longer without a Jeep.I hate that I sold both my TJ's,but I have this offer and need advise tonight (please JF don't move this for a couple hours).06 Impact orange sport,d44 rear,6 speed,39,000 miles,never offroad,RC 4" lift with 16" black Motto steel black wheels,I talked the guy into replacing the tires with brand new 35x12.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers and $12,800 to sell it this weekend.Opinions needed? Good or bad.Keep in mind where I live in the city where UVA is and stuff sells for much higher for college rich kids.ANY opinions wanted.

TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #2
BWFBezerk
2004 TJ Wrangler 

"Never Offroad" I find that hard to believe when people say that while selling their stock Jeeps, and this one is hooked up, and that price is very low to the ones around my are. I would look at everything and take it for a good test drive and try all gears and 4hi and lo. There is a catch somewhere.
BWFBezerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #3
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Out here in the southwest that would be an excellent deal, I believe?Of course mileage is high for the year but not for what your getting for the $12,800.Buy it and keep this one for awhile!
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 02:29 PM   #4
skouklis
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Any picture of it?
skouklis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
PortlandCJ76
2001 TJ Wrangler 

If my memory serves me, as I've glanced over your TJ buying threads (BTW, you change Jeeps more than most people change their socks ), I thought you were looking for a TJ that is already built; something that you wouldn't have to sink more $$$ into, correct?

Does this Jeep have the gears for 35s or 33s for that matter? That $1K there What about lockers or a winch? Another $1K there. I think this '06 needs a lot more attention to be a really capable rig. You'd be better off, imho, to buy a Rubicon and patiently shop craigslist for tires/wheels, and a lift.
PortlandCJ76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 02:41 PM   #6
Jeepguy1977
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Doesn't sound like a bad deal. Why would you care if it was ever off road or not? If they managed to keep the body straight and not destroy the engine or tranny, I'd think you'd be ok. If it's been off road, it can be pretty obvious when you look underneath and find bits of log stuck in things and rock scraps on the bottoms of the diffs. Seems like a reasonably good starting point.
Rolled Red Jeep Club Member #7
Jeepguy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #7
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortlandCJ76 View Post
If my memory serves me, as I've glanced over your TJ buying threads (BTW, you change Jeeps more than most people change their socks ), I thought you were looking for a TJ that is already built; something that you wouldn't have to sink more $$$ into, correct?

Does this Jeep have the gears for 35s or 33s for that matter? That $1K there What about lockers or a winch? Another $1K there. I think this '06 needs a lot more attention to be a really capable rig. You'd be better off, imho, to buy a Rubicon and patiently shop craigslist for tires/wheels, and a lift.
A built used and abused Jeep is worth nothing.Finding a decent lifted Jeep that was made for the Mall is a plus.Nitto Mud Grappler tires as everyone knows are NOT CHEAP.If you keep up with my stuff,I sold a 98' for $10,000.How many peeps get $10,000 for a 98' with 98,000 miles?My stuff if top notch.Don't piss me off or i might just kick your a$$ on Bully beatdown on MTV.
Unread 04-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #8
Eric06Rubi
2006 TJ Wrangler 

awww. just buy it, you can always sell it later if it dosent work out..

It's all fun and games till some guy parks his Jeep on top of your Honda.
Eric06Rubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
BlackRuby06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

sounds like a good deal and Impact Orange is a great color. I wish i had found Rubi that color when I bought mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Ditching 3.07's will be similar to seeing your first set of tits.
I need one 35" for a trail spare, anybody have one?
BlackRuby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 03:32 PM   #10
HAARUBICON
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I thought you were looking at Rubies, what happened to those deals.
HAARUBICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #11
PortlandCJ76
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theboogieman View Post
A built used and abused Jeep is worth nothing.Finding a decent lifted Jeep that was made for the Mall is a plus.Nitto Mud Grappler tires as everyone knows are NOT CHEAP.If you keep up with my stuff,I sold a 98' for $10,000.How many peeps get $10,000 for a 98' with 98,000 miles?My stuff if top notch.Don't piss me off or i might just kick your a$$ on Bully beatdown on MTV.

So, you're looking for a DD or a trail machine? I thought you were looking for a trail machine...oops. I don't know what bully beatdown on MTV is.

This is a quote from one of your threads:
"My goal is to run large tires with no worries of breaking stuff and stop buying,sinking money into and selling stuff."

In that case, you'd have to put money into a Rubicon to keep it from breaking stuff on 35" tires if you wheel hard.
PortlandCJ76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #12
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAARUBICON View Post
I thought you were looking at Rubies, what happened to those deals.
My ride(the ex girlfriend)screwed up my yellow Rubi deal.I found an 06' Rubi for $14,500 that needs tires but I don't have the extra cash.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.