Would like some lift advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Would like some lift advice

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 05-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
murphy379
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Would like some lift advice

I know there are a million threads on this already (and I think I've been through them all) but I find the responses at times not too clear.

I need to change my shocks and can get a suspension lift for the same price as I would pay for the shocks alone. I can't decide whether to put a 2" or 3" lift. I don't want to do anything else to it right now (funds). If I put a 3" lift do I need to replace anything else? Will ride & steering quality suffer?

What does anyone suggest for tire sizes for either the 2" or 3" lifts? And if you have a pic.

I really appreciate the help....

I should mention I have a stock 2005 4.0L TJ

murphy379 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-06-2013, 01:45 AM   #2
frenchy206
2003 TJ Wrangler 

With a 3" suspension lift, you'll most likely need a slip yoke eliminator (sye). 2" should be fine, just need shocks and springs. You can do a combo lift, by doing a 1" body lift and 2" suspension lift and a motor mount lift (mml). This requires more labor. If you have the time to do it yourself, then go for it.

It really depends on your plans for the Jeep. Are you gonna run bigger tires? What size? Will you be going off road or just staying on the pavement? These factors will be huge in deciding what lift is better for you.

Mod, please move to tech.
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #3
murphy379
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks frenchy for the advice.

I will be putting bigger tires on my Jeep. Haven't decided what size yet - not sure what size would look the best/ opitimal. I don't plan on doing any hard off roading mostly pavement driving. I know I don't want to get into the body lift scenario. If I can do a 3" suspension lift without doing anything else. that'd be great. If I can't then I'd put on a 2" lift.
murphy379 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.