Wonder if I made a mistake - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Wonder if I made a mistake

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Un

Unread 02-05-2014, 01:03 PM   #16
cadamsjr

Ok I must have misunderstood which doors rust out. The Jeep currently has a Bestop on it that is in pretty good condition one zipper is busted so I guess for now we will just order new soft uppers and leave it like it is.

My son is based in Oceana Virginia currently at the NAS there with the Navy.

Seems like we will just send him this Jeep and pray all goes well for him with it.

Last edited by cadamsjr; 02-05-2014 at 03:04 PM..
cadamsjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 02:54 PM   #17
Smeg
2006 TJ Wrangler 

On my third winter in SE VA with my Jeep. Soft top and door tops. This has been the worst winter so far and once the Jeep warms up, the heat works great. I wouldn't get full doors unless I was further north and even then, its a toss up. I only use my AC when it is hot and raining and I have the top on OR when the wife is with me. Yes, top down AC on blowing on her feet.

Great place for it, no carpet is a plus considering the popup storms we get. Tell him to carry a towel all summer long. Seat will get wet here with top and no doors.

Enjoy.
Unread 02-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #18
JBTJ
Web Wheeler
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadamsjr View Post
Ok I must have misunderstood which doors rust out. The Jeep currently has a Bestop on it that is in pretty good condition one zipper is busted so I guess for now we will just order new soft uppers and leave it like it is.

My son is based in Oceana Virginia currently at the NAS there with the Navy.

Seems like we will just send him this Jeep and pray all goes well for him with it.
Replace it with one from here. $13. http://www.jeepit.com/
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 05:14 PM   #19
ryanryan03
2010 JK Wrangler 

Congrats on the new purchase.
Unread 02-08-2014, 09:42 PM   #20
linusb
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I've run full soft doors for 4 years with no issues. He's a kid, he won't mind the noise.
1994 YJ Wrangler, 4.0, AX15, NP231, 35x12.50x15 BFG KM2s, 4" RC lift, 1" lift Boom Shackles, 1" BL, 4.10 gears, 8.8 LSD in rear and D30 Aussie Locker in front, on-board air conversion, Ramsey RE8000 winch.
linusb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.