Window hints, anyone? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Window hints, anyone?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-22-2008, 07:18 AM   #1
tecumsa

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Window hints, anyone?

I just replaced the windows on my Jeep, anyone have any hints on how to reduce the scratching? Also, does the Bestop cleaner help?

Does rolling/unrolling cause scratches? Can they be prevented/reduced?

tecumsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 09:47 AM   #2
MissMurder
Enemy of all chicks

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Make sure you always clean them before you roll/store them. DO NOT USE PAPER TOWELS, EVER!!!! I've never used the best top stuff, but Maguire's PlastX works pretty well for me.

Black Jeep Club V2.0 Member #218

Just so you all know, If I think you're an ******* I will gladly tell you. I'm not your everyday girl, so don't expect me to act like one. And yeah, I do like it topless and dirty!

Quoted Jetscuh: "I really have to force myself to eat nuts. There are other forms of protein as well, but it can be hard making sure you get enough at times."
MissMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2008, 09:54 AM   #3
PILL
1997 TJ Wrangler 

When they aren't on the Jeep zip them together using the zippers that attach them to your Jeep. This will protect the insides of the windows.
Unread 06-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #4
Ctskip
1995 YJ Wrangler 

There are spray-on on the market that works well for hiding scratches in plastic . But anything will "hide" scratches, nothing will remove them without causing distortion. On my Harley, I use tooth paste and my fingers to remove minor scratches. Never, never use those sponges that the service stations have for cleaning your windshield. Nor use any towels of any kind. I always clean mine using my hand and a mild detergent and running water. Same goes for your eye glasses. Water and fingers only. Place a clean towel between them and roll them up and wrap in another towel for storage. Works for me. Scratches are inevitable.

Last edited by Ctskip; 06-22-2008 at 11:50 AM.. Reason: just because
Ctskip is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.