winch recomendations - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > winch recomendations

Black Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 09-01-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
jeepchic95
1995 YJ Wrangler 

winch recomendations

looking at getting a winch...budget is tight right now so ive narrowed it down to the warn VR8000....enty level but seems big enough it will pull and not break the bank, superwinch tigershark9500, or a smittybuilt XRC9.5 winch? opinions and thoughs on each. please and thanks

jeepchic95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

I had a warn m8000 on my tj I owned about 15 years ago. It ate solenoids when I worked at 4wp for a few years I sold tons of xrc8's that never came back with issues. So I bought a xrc8 comp for my XJ it's been on it for 3 years issue free with lots of use . When I buy a winch for my YJ I'll be buying another xrc8 comp
Unread 09-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #3
dids
2008 KK Liberty 

Just an FYI. Superwinch is having a sale. You the code "DODAY4014" to get 40% in your cart. I ordered a 11500SR from them yesterday.
dids is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2014, 12:27 PM   #4
lortsie
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Holy cow! Thanks for sharing! 40% off, I'm going to do a little research on the 11500SR, anyone have a first hand review?
lortsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
Airstreamer67
2003 TJ Wrangler 

My Warn 8000 is about 25 years old now and still pulling me out of trouble.
Airstreamer67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2014, 03:10 PM   #6
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have had a Warn HS9500i since 2001 that has been a very good winch. I have head a few issues people have had with the Warn M8000. Years ago I had a couple friends with smitty built and both had problems with them. One was minor the other severe. I don't hear complaints about the new smitty built that often.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2014, 08:35 PM   #7
cdnroadwarrior
2012 JK Wrangler 

I bought the VR8000, I have had it for 2 summers. I chose it because of the warranty and the lower price point. I did not want to overspend for a higher model as I new it would seldom be used. So far, I had to use it 3 times, including during a torrential down pour up a couple of long a steep grades and once with a pulley to pull a WJ around a bend. All I can say is so far so good!
cdnroadwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-18-2014, 07:46 PM   #8
Spank
2012 JK Wrangler 

As much as I bash poorly designed and poorly built Chinese-made Jeep products from companies such as Rugged Ridge and Smittybilt, Smittybilt actually makes a decent winch. I had one on my old JK that did its job the two times I used it, but a buddy of mine has an ancient one, rusted to hell and back, on his YJ and that thing has never failed.
Unread 09-19-2014, 10:25 AM   #9
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepchic95 View Post
looking at getting a winch...budget is tight right now so ive narrowed it down to the warn VR8000....enty level but seems big enough it will pull and not break the bank, superwinch tigershark9500, or a smittybuilt XRC9.5 winch? opinions and thoughs on each. please and thanks
I don't have the ones you're looking at but I do have some great budget friendly Winches. I'd be happy to get you more info if you see anything you like or a quote for a great price!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.