Winch decision help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > Winch decision help

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 07-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
coastiejohn
2012 JK Wrangler 

Winch decision help

Based on my expected usage, and budget I have narrowed down my winch choice between the superwinch tiger shark 9.5 and the engo e9000s. After side by sidling the specs the engo is 30# lighter and a little faster and has the synthetic line. The reviews of engo go to basically a love it or hate it relationship with most finding it a quality piece for the price. I have not been able to find a lot of info on the tiger shark but I owned a SW previously and it served me well. The SW has a internal drum brake so I would not be able to up grade to syn line, but never had a problem with steel cable either. Brand recognition is currently the big thing, just don't know if I can trust engo. Please provide any info that might be revel ant to my decision. Thanks.

[B]Semper Paratus![/B]

BT
NNNN
coastiejohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Moezer
2014 JK Wrangler 

I dont have neither of the winches you have listed but i do have a super winch LP 10000, i have had it more 2 years now and it hasnt failed me once, i have winched my self out of water and winched others out of 4 feet of mud and other then it draining my batt because i am running a stock alt thats the only thing that i got a problem with i got mine at the time on sale for 400 and cant be happier, also with in these 2 years the winch has been on my jeep with out a cover or any thing and still kicking

http://www.superwinch.com/p/lp10000-...10-000-lbs-12v

if you got any more questions about this winch let me know
Moezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Greenfun2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastiejohn View Post
The SW has a internal drum brake so I would not be able to up grade to syn line, but never had a problem with steel cable either.
I have the Tigershark 9500, and contacted Masterpull regarding synthetic line with the internal drum brake. They offered to put their better Kevlar heat shield on their basic cable and didnt feel it would cause any issues.
Greenfun2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
coastiejohn
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenfun2

I have the Tigershark 9500, and contacted Masterpull regarding synthetic line with the internal drum brake. They offered to put their better Kevlar heat shield on their basic cable and didnt feel it would cause any issues.
How long have you been running the TS? Anything that did not meet your expectations?

[B]Semper Paratus![/B]

BT
NNNN
Unread 07-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
Greenfun2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastiejohn View Post
How long have you been running the TS? Anything that did not meet your expectations?
It's been on since Christmas. I haven't used it yet except to spool the line in under load, but its quieter and smoother sounding than my dads Superwinch LP8500. And it has held up well to its first Chicago winter.
Greenfun2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #6
coastiejohn
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks

[B]Semper Paratus![/B]

BT
NNNN

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.