winch cover - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > Wrangler General Discussion > winch cover

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-14-2013, 11:20 PM   #1
Dake
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

winch cover

Do I need one? Who all on here runs one? My jeep sees a lot of on road use.

Unread 06-15-2013, 01:40 AM   #2
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

It's more for rain and snow for a cover
Moezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #3
bogleparsons
2013 JK Wrangler 

you don't need one UNLESS you have synthetic winch line, (sun damages it).
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:50 AM   #4
JeepZJlover
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I run one it helps to keep the winch looking nice keeps the salt off the cable and just keeps it nice. There pretty simple just get a nice one so it fits easy and you don't have to tie it on...stretchy is where its at
1993 Cherokee 4dr SE green, 4.0, Auto, HP30, 8.25, 3" lift 31" Goodyear Duratracs, Custom made front recovery bumper, Kenwood radio, 12" alpine type e subwoofer,alpine amplifier, Smittybilt xrc8 winch, tuff stuff portable winch receiver custom modified. 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0, 5 speed, Dana 30 front, Dana 44 trac loc rear, Stock
JeepZJlover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
Dake
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the responses. I going to get one. I have a Badlands 12,000 so they don't make one for it I'll have to find one to fit.
Unread 06-15-2013, 10:30 AM   #6
JeepZJlover
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I've seen a warn one fit a quadratec one like a glove warn makes the best covers I've seen they use a real nice material I have an engo winch and am engo cover it guys great too
1993 Cherokee 4dr SE green, 4.0, Auto, HP30, 8.25, 3" lift 31" Goodyear Duratracs, Custom made front recovery bumper, Kenwood radio, 12" alpine type e subwoofer,alpine amplifier, Smittybilt xrc8 winch, tuff stuff portable winch receiver custom modified. 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0, 5 speed, Dana 30 front, Dana 44 trac loc rear, Stock
JeepZJlover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #7
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I've got a Warn M8000 with the controller under the hood. I bought a winch cover for a larger Warn winch and had my wife do some sewing to it to make it smaller on top, plus she put two large clips on one end that goes around the wiring running out of the winch just to help keep it on. However it's never blown off. It's a little baggy but it works fine.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #8
Dake
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
I've got a Warn M8000 with the controller under the hood. I bought a winch cover for a larger Warn winch and had my wife do some sewing to it to make it smaller on top, plus she put two large clips on one end that goes around the wiring running out of the winch just to help keep it on. However it's never blown off. It's a little baggy but it works fine.

Man that cover looks great
Unread 06-17-2013, 05:50 AM   #9
vadslram
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I found that my cover kept more moisture in than it blocked. At least with rain it will dry. Every time I took my cover off I found dew like drips over the whole thing. I think it corroded more because of the cover.
vadslram is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #10
Jeepin72
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I have a Ramsey cover on my Ramsey winch. Tight fit. Its made of neoprene. I haven't noticed any moisture retention. It's kept the winch free of winter time road grime.
Unread 06-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #11
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I have a badlands 12k winch and this champion cover on amazon fits very well. Its not a perfect fit, but the price was right. Theres also a drawstring to take out the slack. Ill try to post a pic later today. You can even turn it around so it looks all black.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
jsipe007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:10 AM   #12
Dake
Web Wheeler

1991 YJ Wrangler 

I was looking at this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/281041512686...84.m1423.l2649
Unread 06-19-2013, 12:25 AM   #13
Anticanman
Follow me

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadslram View Post
I found that my cover kept more moisture in than it blocked. At least with rain it will dry. Every time I took my cover off I found dew like drips over the whole thing. I think it corroded more because of the cover.
I concluded that mine did the same thing. Its the age old question about shock boots but with the winch.
Anticanman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.